Niel, Foy and Vermeille

The Arc looks pretty much a two horse race to me...if Sea The Stars runs on fast ground he wins and still has a great chance with a bit of an ease but with Fame And Glory then being the danger.

Time to start giving Dar Re Mi some praise, I reckon. Career record of 2133112232111 with three Group 1 wins, two Group 1 seconds, and assorted other Group wins and places. A great advert for keeping top fillies in training at 4.
The form of her maiden win looks good too Gareth - check out the runner-up's last few starts ;)

Cavalryman will not be winning the Arc...I think the second horse looks an interesting outsider for the Arc.

Cavalryman far from impressive.

Over to Spanish Moon because this is increasingly looking like a walk in the park for Sea The Stars

Not a huge surprise when you see the head on, Fortune clearly allows his mount to drift right which hampered Soberania. I guess it's a moot point whether you consider Fortune's actions were as a result of the pacemaker coming off the rail to allow the favourite to go up it.

Stacelita should be thrown out for the pacemaker making a clear manouvre to interfere with Dar Rei Me. The original third should get the race in that case.

Can't believe the price of Crossharbour in the Foy - cracking price given his strike-rate and he's a lightly raced improving horse :)

Email I just sent to Betfair

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I suppose it was too much to ask that Betfair would run some sort of first past the pace system. Given that this race was in France and I wasn't betting on the PMU i should get some return surely. It grates that the clueless tosser(s) who laid me the filly at 4 when she was a 5/2 shot at worst on form have some of my money. This is a typical bullshit Frenchie stewards decision that Betfair should be totally outside of.

Hatross[/FONT]

I know I should want Spanish Moon to represent Alpine Rose's form, but I would be disappointed if Vision d'Etat wasn't the best horse in the race.

Time to start giving Dar Re Mi some praise, I reckon. Career record of 2133112232111 with three Group 1 wins, two Group 1 seconds, and assorted other Group wins and places. A great advert for keeping top fillies in training at 4.

Exaclty. I've been a vocal fan of hers all year and she is one tough mare.

Nothing wrong with Cavalryman winning. Fabre knows the time of day with regard to the Niel, and you can be sure he was only 70 or 80% fit, and the slow pace was never going to suit. Still in there with a chance and i'd consider it the perfect prep, though he clearly needs to improve a lot and no Sea the Stars to turn up (I hope he does).

Back