Novice Chasers 2009/10

I doubt it matters. Cousin Vinny was a horse trained to be dominant in bumpers who now finds himself at a disadvantage against his later developing counterparts. He's yaesterday's horse, imo.

Would fancy him @ big price for the arkle_____________ meself

Trainer stated the Sun Alliance Chase was his target. Despite what Rory thinks I feel the horse has big races in him yet.

I don't deny that he has talent. merely that that talent has been overstated because of the Mullins training programme. He really doesn't have much scope and will always be overbet because of his past performances.

I don't deny that he has talent. merely that that talent has been overstated because of the Mullins training programme. He really doesn't have much scope and will always be overbet because of his past performances.

Forgetting his bumper form, his efforts against Pandorama, Mikael D, Hurricane Fly and even a fair run in the Supreme Novices last season marks him out as a smart recruit to novice chasing. I personally do not think the horse was ever himself last season and will be helped from here on with Walsh/Townend in the saddle. But I take your points.

Mullins sounds pretty negative regarding Mikael for Cheltenham. Better off aiming him at the Powers Gold Cup now at this stage.

I doubt it matters. Cousin Vinny was a horse trained to be dominant in bumpers who now finds himself at a disadvantage against his later developing counterparts. He's yaesterday's horse, imo.

Cousin Vinny ran in 3 bumpers, hardly trained to be dominant in bumpers. Missed That ran in the same number of bumpers and it didn't do his chasing prospects much harm. The trainer hardly has a history of overfacing his bumper horses given what the likes of Florida Pearl, Alexander Banquet et al have achieved down the line.

Given that he was trained on the track following an easy intro over hurdles in a Grade 1 last season and his subsequent performances in G1 company showed the benefit of this (albeit without any wins next to his name), it is not unreasonable to expect similar foresight and patience being exerted from his trainer with regard to his chasing career. That was certainly the case the last day.

I'm not saying CV is the next Florida Pearl, indeed he didn't look a natural chaser at some of his fences in Navan. Rather the fact that he is being written off on account of a seemingly rigourous campaign in bumpers which simply isn't the case.

Mad Max was quite good today Henderson thinks he will be at his best at 2 miles so the Arkle is going to be some race this year

Back to hurdles if he was mine as he looked really uncomfortable over fences in both runs now,maybe one last chance over a longer trip to see how he jumps?

Poor round of jumping as has been said but a nice boost for Sizing Europe and Captain Cee Bee's form from An Cathaoir Mor and good to see Nicanor fighting out the finish in a nice race again.

Cousin Vinny most over rated horse to come out of Ireland in last 15 to 20 years, happily layed today.

Cashpoint Vinny -ching ching.

What price should he have been today? A more fluent round and he would have been a comfortable winner. That was Missed That proportions today.

His form in novice company last season more than entitled him to go off short priced favourite in these type of races.

Luke,

The more these punters keep putting their money on the likes of Cousin Vinny, I'll remain a rich man.

Hope you done well off him.

Luke

Back