Novice Chasers 2009/10

Super novice chase at Leopardstown tomorrow - should sort out the Irish staying chasers

Pandorama, Catch Me, Alpha Ridge, Weapons Amnesty, China Rock, Whatuthink, Lenabane...and a few other decent sorts...I just hope racing goes ahead.

Ive not taken a whole lot of notice,so Im probably wrong - but doesnt he ride most of the horses when he can?? Its more of an if hes not jocked up then he cant do it than hes not jocked up ?? (if you see what I mean?)

Ive not taken a whole lot of notice,so Im probably wrong - but doesnt he ride most of the horses when he can?? Its more of an if hes not jocked up then he cant do it than hes not jocked up ?? (if you see what I mean?)

Not all that encouraging when the jockey admits he was being run away with. Horse looked very impressive though yesterday.

Why ride a galloper (Pandorama) for a turn of foot? Pandorama wins but a strange ride...I thought they would jump him right out.

In saying that I was not impressed with his jumping and it looks like he has to struggle a bit at each fence. Those fences today made him look a bit small.

A bit odd I suppose, but he displayed a bit of versatility today rather than looking like one who can only race one way. That said, a bit of an odd race in the sense that a stamina doubt like Catch Me was staying on well. Thought China Rock travelled markedly well but ran out of steam - big race in that horse yet.

In terms of Cheltenham I think Weapons Amnesty is probably the horse to take out the race - as much as I like Pandorama as an individual I am pretty sure Cheltenham will not suit.

Galileo

disagree about the jumping

some very fast ones and in others looked clever, especially being a novice,

very good nce

Time to start worrying about Mikael D'Haguenet? How many novices win at Cheltenham after making their debut in the January?

Impressive from Take the Breeze.

Any reason why McCoy or Geraghty never asked their mounts any sort of question? Clearly not good enough but you'd at least expect them to be ridden along vigorously at some stage.

Zaarito paid a nice compliment to Captain Cee Bee today.....and could fulfil some of his own potential this season as well by the looks of it.

Sportsline takes on the likes of Jered, Kimberlite King, Sorceror and Bobs Pride at Naas on Sunday if it goes ahead.

Anyone got an update on Solstice Knight? I've seen him entered-up once since he finished second to Sports Line, but that might have been in one of the early-closers, and I reckoned to have seen him out again before now.

Sorry to sound so stupid but what happens with Crack Away Jack's novice status - would he be able to contest the 2011 Arkle if fully fit?

Thanks

Henderson now talking about aiming Long Run at the Arkle. Sounds more like a move to avoid clashing with Punchestowns rather than a suitable engagement. Any jumping issues he might have could be shown up in the Arkle.

Henderson now talking about aiming Long Run at the Arkle. Sounds more like a move to avoid clashing with Punchestowns rather than a suitable engagement. Any jumping issues he might have could be shown up in the Arkle.

Absolutely fantastic news for myself (and I suspect, Irish Stamp). I have £19 riding at an average of just under 170 for the Arkle (alongside a similar amount at 30 for the RSA Chase).

Let's hope this switch of targets is confirmed very soon - it certainly sounds on the cards if Waley-Cohen and Henderson's remarks are to be believed.

Edited: I have £10.55 at 386!!

This would make it very interesting!

Last edited:
If he jumps like he did at Kempton he is going to struggle around cheltenham but if they can sort that out I would love to be in your position!

I reckon more of the errors were down to the jockey as opposed to the horse. I wonder if Waley-Cohen would keep the ride in the Arkle, as Henderson doesn't have as strong a candidate for that as Punchestowns in the RSA.

I'd imagine that Riverside Theatre would be Geraghty's Arkle mount, with SWC retaining the ride on Long Run.

Back