Novice Chasers 2009/10

Not knocking your post (if it came across like that) but what with some of the form lines being so far apart, and CCB looking likely to beat him at xmas, it's a strange point of view, regardless of the result.

Fwiw, I will back Somersby at around 9/2 or so, and hope to get Sports Line backed at 10, and aim to lay this off at around the 7/2 or 4/1 mark in running (not being overly ambitous) as i think he will jump well, and look good until 2 out - after that, I'm not 100% sure.

Fwiw, I will back Somersby at around 9/2 or so, and hope to get Sports Line backed at 10, and aim to lay this off at around the 7/2 or 4/1 mark in running (not being overly ambitous) as i think he will jump well, and look good until 2 out - after that, I'm not 100% sure.

Funny I look at the other way - if I backed Sportsline I would be holding my breath early on over the first couple as for me he is likely to go very close indeed or blunder away his chances early.

Interesting - I know you like the horse and have been following him for some time but I thought he was a very sound (& bold) jumper, likely to look very good before inexperience possibly became an issue - what makes you think he could throw away his chance early on?

He can be far too keen for his own good - I could see him thump one early on due to exuberance. If he gets into a good grove he should go close I would have thought.

Unsurprisingly Sizing Europe drifting. I would have thought the quickish ground would be in his favour..?

Keep a close eye on Sportline and how he behaves.....reported to have got pretty worked up yesterday on track.

A race to watch and enjoy for me....Sizing Europe 7/1 has to be interesting though. Against the favourite....think Somersby will get outpaced on this ground.

An unmitigated disaster in the first followed by an absolute peach of a result. Two races in and I've already gone through the mill.

Back