Novice Chasers 2010/11

This is going to sound like after-timing, but I had no money on him. I could see why people fancied Captain Chris. I wouldn't have said that he had "little chance" on form. He was only 4lb behind on RPR. And as I said on here this morning, he was just the type to improve with experience and for a championship pace.

This is going to sound like after-timing, but I had no money on him. I could see why people fancied Captain Chris. I wouldn't have said that he had "little chance" on form. He was only 4lb behind on RPR. And as I said on here this morning, he was just the type to improve with experience and for a championship pace.

I take your latter point, you only have to look at Tiday Bay for a horse who came of age when given a proper championship test. But RPR's are balls, they had Cue Card 17lbs ahead of Al Ferof in the Supreme.

Delighted with Finian's run and frustrating he came second but there you go. He jumped like a stag, and looks like he will be something to reckon with. A lovely horse.

Captain Chris looks very interesting for the Ryanair next year. Not sure many others than Johnson would have won that race.

I'd go QM as well. Big Zeb and Sizing Europe will be too old then, Master Minded too many Championship miles on the clock and Somersby will be in the Gold Cup. Wide open.

Finians Rainbow looks a Champion Chase contender to me.
Hamm-I hope you managed to trade out in running.
Saw Captain Chris at Cheltenham in November and thought he was the most magnificent looking beast -he strikes me as a real spring horse-maybe the sort that will disappoint before Christmas.
Loosen My Load is a max each way bet.

Nope, unfortunately a family member was ill so went and watched it with them (no computer). It was a longstanding antepost bet anyway. To be honest, I got a kick from seeing him be the horse I thought he would be, and thought he jumped as well as any novice I've seen. Beforehand I was a little worried how much he would find at the end (whether through staying power or being a slight bridle horse, probably the former). An enjoyable race in that way. The winner could be anything (i.e., I don't have a clue but think he's good).

Cheers. Shame he didn't win. That, and not the considerable financial pick me up, hurt more!

I've backed Aiteen ante-post on rhe basis of his jumping - if it's anything like the other Nicholl's novices today I'm screwed. Loosen my Load is a terrefic jumper and that's what generally wins this.

Anything to be taken from Ruby riding for Mullins in the RSA over Aiteen?

I have been against MdH all year but am backing him each way tomorrow. Nothing with any form in the race, and considering he would have trashed Jessie's Dream who is single figures on his chasing debut, he is worth a bet.

Decent sorts in Reve de Sivola and Divers behing him earlier in season too. Easily strongest form in race. Probably a strong bet for me

He looks a good thing - favs have a shocking record in this... The bloodly stats will probably get him beat!!

Edit- Up to 4 years ago favs had a shocking record in this - it now transpires that the jolly has won 3 of the last 4.

This information has been brought to you by Krizon Technics

Last edited:
I was very impressed with Aiteen Thirtythree at Newbury, a lovely animal. It's not that often I take to a Nicholls yoke!!!

Back