Novice Chasers 2010/11

The main question here is how good will Mikael D'Hageunet be. 8/1 could prove to be a very big price. You cannot be anything but disappointed with his performances so far this year. That said, he has been unlucky in 1 or 2 of his races. He has jumped noticeably right handed in a couple of his runs this season, which would be a worry when going through his race at Prestbury Park.

Aiteen Thirtythree has done nothing but improve this season and has put in some very good peformances.

Willie Mullins was quite confident about Quel Espirit if the ground was on the quick side, and 16/1 could prove to be a good bet EW for a trainer who had a very good start to this Cheltenham 2011, yesterday.

Time For Rupert is an excellent chaser, has form in the book, has won over course and distance, and has a clear favourite's chance.

The one i like in the race in Wayward Prince. I made a note of this horse after he ran at Huntingdon in October. 3 wins from 3 starts over 3 miles is encouraging, and he could put in a good run today.

Another wide open race, with the main question being, how good will Mikael D'Haguenet be.

Rupert is much better than that, although I guess there was maybe a hint after the first race..when Chicago Grey won, one of the commentators mentioned it as a positive for Time For Rupert..but surely it had to be a positive for Jessies Dream, who is rated way ahead of CG by Elliott..and also for Bostons Angel, who was well clear of Chicago Grey at Christmas.

Time For Rupert will be back, though...and I'd expect you'll see Magnanimity lining up in a National of some sort in future years. He's in the right hands to develop into a serious horse.

Topped up on Loosen My Load at 13/2 without favourite late last night.His course form is good,he will appreciate the going,stable is in tremendous form.
I wouldn't say he was a non trier last time out but his Betfair sp that day suggests they knew he wouldn't be winning.The fo
of his previous race with Captain Chris reads well and on the way to the racecourse that day I was told the stable staff believed him to be in a different league to former stablemate Kilmurry who subsequently looked like he had a chance to beat Finians Rainbow before he tragically broke down.
It's asking a lot for a small country stable to win 3 races at the festival but he has a great chance.

Certainly has a chance but for me, Robinson Collonges could be the one. I don't really understand his price compared with Wishful Thinking, who he cantered all over before falling. I would also take the view Wishful Thinking beat a lot of very exposed and over the hill handicappers (possibly excluding Backbenscher).

The Henderson horse could be the fly in the ointment. He is probably the least exposed horse in the race, and his first big race resulted in only 7 lengths behind Captain Chris. If there is a top top horse in the race, it could be him.

I was interested in Noble Prince earlier in the year, but he is either slow or really, really needs fast ground. He is too small for me.

Put to bed indeed, but (and I wasn't one for the stat) but I am sure the reasoning behind Montjeu being a negative is (for me at least) more due to a lot of his progeny becoming 'difficult' as they get older. Certainly not the case with his two winners this week.

Aye, although I think it was Bromley or one of the others on the preview nights suggesting that another Montjeu factor would be inability to get up the hill. Not sure what justification for that was. I was at Cheltenham last year and was taken by how Noble Prince plugged on up the hill that day for a horse who had a quirky reputation - I thought he was given a bad ride but turns out he just needed a little bit further.

Back