Novice Chasers 2011-12

Timeform like him.

Highest Rated Novice Chasers since 75/76:

174p Sprinter Sacre
172 Gloria Victis
171+ Strong Promise
171p Escartefigue

I don't know Gearoid. I just have a list of the best of each year at the back of my Annuals, and I only started getting C&H in the early 2000s. I imagine he'd have been on 170 or 169.

Escartefigue I'd imagine had the rating from the Martell Cup against the non-novices that season, certainly his RPR for that was much higher than in the RSA.

Martin

Trainer Philip Fenton is looking forward to welcoming Last Instalment back into training on Saturday after the exciting gelding recovered from injury.
The seven-year-old is unbeaten in four starts over fences, winning Grade One prizes at Leopardstown last December and in February.

But after jarring tendons during his last victory in the Dr PJ Moriarty Chase, he was forced to miss the Cheltenham Festival and the remainder of the season.

"He's already done a lot of road-work and the plan is for him to come back to me on September 1st and start cantering," said Fenton.

"Let's hope the problem he had in the spring is behind him and hopefully, if all goes well, he'll be back on the track around Christmas time."

Fenton also had news of high-class hurdler Dunguib, who has been sidelined with injury since last March.

The nine-year-old will be an exciting addition to the novice chasing scene.

"Dunguib is in good form and I'm very happy with him at this stage," said the County Tipperary handler.

"He's obviously been off a long time but he's pleasing me at home.

"The plan would be for him to go straight over fences, but we'll see how he gets on when he starts schooling."

Back