Novice Chasers 2011-12

I agree. Nothing wrong with the quantity, all about the quality. I would prefer it was 5 myself and the Dubh horse was running where he should be.

Really disappointed that peddlers is absent.That would have made it quite a Stella affair but 5 quality horses left in

That's a bit unfair. Most of the bets I placed on the favourite were when he wasn't actually at that position in the market.

Im only having a laugh. I know many of you fancied SACRE even before he beat PEDDLERS so I cant grumble at you guys, you have stole the price and the bets on it look good now.

I just meant the glory supporters who are on at the last minute at the 4/5 mark, but the end of the day a winner is a winner.

4/5 winner better than a 8/1 loser

bookies could take a tanking tomorrow, good luck:)

Odds-on shots have a terrible record at the Festival and that's probably the only thing that worries me. That said, Kauto Star should never have been less than 5/2 in IC's year and Kasbah Bliss should have been 4s in Big Buck's first World Hurdle. I genuinely think SS is legitimately odds-on.

I really hope this horse does himself justice. I will get a decent amount back unless the rag wins, but Sprinter puts me in a decent position. More than anything I want him to be a superstar.

Granger ...my guess is that it is definitely not a poor renewal and Cue Card ran an excellent race. These are horses with more pedigree than most years surely? For a start Menorah is a top hurdler who ran his best chase so far

Poor renewal - quality diluted by the Jewson (same with the RSA) but a cracking performance by the winner.

Hope Al Ferof is ok after banking the fence at the top of the hill - very very laboured after that.

Martin

Granger ...my guess is that it is definitely not a poor renewal and Cue Card ran an excellent race. These are horses with more pedigree than most years surely? For a start Menorah is a top hurdler who ran his best chase so far

Really don't think it was a good renewal Clive

Al Ferof needs another mile and Cue Card stayed on at the end

Poor renewal - quality diluted by the Jewson (same with the RSA) but a cracking performance by the winner.

Im going to go on about this a bit... but given the slight obsession with ratings here, surely the current ratings for the leading contenders would be have been good enough most years? Small fields do not equal lack of quality

Im going to go on about this a bit... but given the slight obsession with ratings here, surely the current ratings for the leading contenders would be have been good enough most years? Small fields do not equal lack of quality

Definitely not a poor renewal - the last 2 Supreme winners, and the field have won as many graded races as they could have. He just made them look slow, as he would do to any 2 miler (including all those tomorrow, and yes, I do know how good Sizing europe is). He is something seriously special.

Last edited:
Average renewal - not poor, not exceptional cos of lack of strength in depth - but in a sense, it doesn't matter

Brilliant winner

Back