Novice chasers 2014/15

Pipe will get the most out of the Perth winner and then Munir will have him back in French conditions hurdles by January 2016.

Martin

With the exception of the last, Court Minstrel jumped well at Newton Abbot, appreciated the quick ground and looks like he'll go to Cheltenham in a few weeks time

There's a few interesting novices in the next few days, with Gevrey Chambertin in a 3 runner race this afternoon at Bangor, Salubrious confirmed for Fontwell Friday and a decent 5 day entry for the Like A Butterfly Novice Chase at Tipperary Sunday

Presenting Beara won well over 3 miles in Clonmel today.
Maybe not one for dizzy heights but Cantoris is bound to be full of cheer.
He had a Kerry GN entry so may rock a few handicaps on this ground if he gets the chance.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Creepy's spectacular performance on Tuesday. Has a novice ever jumped better 1st time out? Will be given plenty of time between his races this season and looks just the type for the Feltham.

Yup made a note to look out for in the novice handicaps later but no top notcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised nobody's mentioned Creepy's spectacular performance on Tuesday. Has a novice ever jumped better 1st time out? Will be given plenty of time between his races this season and looks just the type for the Feltham.

Jumped very well for sure.If they are ultra cautious with him (good chance), he will be rather un-exposed and could go in off a good price somewhere when upped in class

Missed Creepy's race, but have watched the replay & you're both right as he jumped fantastically - especially for a first race over fences. One to follow I think

The same can't be said for either Salubrious or Gevrey Chambertin. Both won last week, but didn't particularly impress. Salubrious jumped OK so may be he'll improve, but Gevrey doesn't look like one to trust

Shame that. Was hoping he would go chasing. That is the World Hurdle taken care of then.
Beat That stays hurdling also. So maybe I am jumping the gun.

If he stays sound, More Of That will (and should) start odds on for the WH. Those of us with 7/2 will be holding our breath. I'm biased but I'm pleased that they're giving him another year's experience over hurdles. Only five career runs so far and he's still got plenty of time to win 2 or 3 Gold Cups.

Some interesting entries over the next few days:
Solar Impulse today at Newton Abbot
Southfield Theatre at Chepstow tomorrow (Nicholl's seems very keen on him from what I've read)
Apache Stronghold entered for Punchestown Wednesday

Looks like Vautour goes chasing which is good news:
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/9519393/willie-mullins-vautour-goes-chasing

Also a couple of decent novices running today at Cheltenham

In the 2 miler, Court Minstrel did it nicely first time and will be the pick if the grounds ok. Chris Pea Green, Tom Crapper & Un Ace are all interesting first timers

The 3 miler looks between the The Romford Pele who won a nice pot last time, but may struggle to give a stone to a Highland Retreat

Back