Novice chasers 2014/15

Given the overall weakness of the race, and the fact a few might not even go, I've taken Doing Fine for the NH Chase. Stayed on well LTO over 3m2f and beat Caroles Destrier on it's chasing debut, albeit getting a bit of weight. Trainer has previous in this race too. Thoughts?

Come right down in price now, mostly due to the others being taken out, however. Anyone know much about the jock, D G Lavery?

You know it makes sense. I'm hoping he'll have too much speed for Don Poli with the ground on the fast side and no Coneygree is a major plus.

Coneygree would surely have been a positive to Don Poli if running. Won't desert Don now though.
Always thought Southfield Theatre would run well here too.

You know it makes sense. I'm hoping he'll have too much speed for Don Poli with the ground on the fast side and no Coneygree is a major plus.

Bar last year he would be 6/6 and prob 13/8

Think it was you Nick who hinted that he could put in a Denman like showing and it is possible.

Willie is the master and wanted DP in the 4 miler, on this surface, I have reservations over him

Don Poli is very short. Played Southfield Theatre e/w but Kings Palace drifting to an almost backable price.

All the protagonists yesterday pretty much held their price. TNO drifted a little but KP is the first to drift so markedly.

Can't have Don Poli at 13/8 with his slow jumping.He might grind on but 13/8....really?

thought he was cooked then two out but boy he finds.GC winner there.

Last edited:
Great performance, what price the gold cup next year. Why did they ride the young master like that complete change of tactics and ended up being suicidal.

Back