Novice chasers 2014/15

Someone who can tell these things better than me might be able to say whether it was just my imagination or was Southfield Theatre running lame from beyond that juddering blunder at the top of the hill?

If Don Poli runs in the 4 miler they need their head examined. His Topaz win is the best 3m form around this year and he won a Martin Pipe over 2m4f on decent ground. He might be lazy but he is not slow.

Impressive as he has been, Kings Palace has beaten the same horse twice and i'm pretty sure Hobbs rates Champagne West more highly than Sausalito sunrise, which would give some indication as to what he's achieved so far. I like KP a lot but he's short enough in my opinion.

And yes, i've backed Don Poli :cool:

Cracking performance by this horse, next years Gold Cup winner. He has more than recovered my week after Annie made me feel slightly sick and I have a bunch of win and each way doubles and accas that pay out heavily on Don Cossack (The Don double) and Beltor.

If he is 10/1 still, I'm off to back Don Poli for the Gold Cup.

The front two in the betting look ahead of the rest by quite a bit to me.I don't think Valseur Lido ran his race last time and i think he may well turn round the form tomorrow.I have been really impressed by ptit zig,jumping was fabulous before Ascot and he's sure to give an account of himself.Vautor will make a mockery of these tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back