Novice Chasers 2017/2018

I thought it was hugely significant that they stepped PP up in distance by 6 furlongs after the Punchestown defeat.For me he never looked like winning at Punchestown but was always cruising at Fairyhouse.Davy is close to the owner and I'd imagine he will give him the right advice as regards a festival target.

Davy on ATR now saying PP needs things to go right for him and is too high in handicap -not even the slightest hint of Gold Cup but I get the impression he would like him to go to the festival a fresh horse.

The RSA is so bad that I just can't see how Monalee won't run if he can get a run into him in February.

Nice display of jumping from Mount News there at Doncaster on chase debut. He was always going to win but some bold leaps, quick through the air and made a love shape over his obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice display of jumping from Mount News there at Doncaster on chase debut. He was always going to win but some bold leaps, quick through the air and made a love shape over his obstacles.

It's a Hemmings horse so guessing will be aimed at 3 mile plus long term. Eventually leading to the National.

Presuming Al Boum Photo is Cheltenham bound, can anyone see him going for anything other than the JLT?
The 16's on offer with Hills looks a good price. Money back if bypasses Cheltenham.
I'm already on at 20's to win any race.
This race could cut up if Yanworth, Willoughby Court & Finians Oscar go down the stayers route as is being considered.
Only thing putting me off this is second guessing Mullins!

Presuming Al Boum Photo is Cheltenham bound, can anyone see him going for anything other than the JLT?
The 16's on offer with Hills looks a good price. Money back if bypasses Cheltenham.
I'm already on at 20's to win any race.
This race could cut up if Yanworth, Willoughby Court & Finians Oscar go down the stayers route as is being considered.
Only thing putting me off this is second guessing Mullins!

He could be easily stepped up to 3 miles for the RSA. This is what Mullins said after a race at Fairyhouse Sun, 2nd Apr, 2017

“That was a great performance. Paul said he was very green and wanted every inch of it. We will probably move him up to three miles at Punchestown. He's learning all the time. Jumping is his game and he'll go chasing next season” W P Mullins

Still 14/1 with Hill’s to win any race. Note the miss festival insurance doesn’t apply to this market

Music to my ears! No doubt Footpad will now run scared from the Irish version and we’ll get the showdown in March, after PM hacks up at Leopardstown obviously.

I am hoping my ew 33s antepost on The Storyteller will look good this time tomorrow evening. Goes in the Grade 3 chase at Punchestown tomorrow.

I am hoping my ew 33s antepost on The Storyteller will look good this time tomorrow evening. Goes in the Grade 3 chase at Punchestown tomorrow.

Antepost 33/1 for the JLT or RSA?

Dounikos entered tomorrow in same race too. Will be underrated and over priced imo. However he's not in either antepost market......

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

He was. Both Sutton Manner & Livelovelaugh have both won since too. I was impressed with his jumping and how well he quickened between the last too.

Death Duty missing the season could send him JLT route but he’ll have to be winning or going very close tomorrow.

The injury before the Martin Pipe last year still haunts me. I was all over him like a rash. Elliott naps him as his banker and then he pulls a muscle a week before. To make it worse the stable 2nd string Champagne Classic went snd won then!!

Antepost 33/1 for the JLT or RSA?

Dounikos entered tomorrow in same race too. Will be underrated and over priced imo. However he's not in either antepost market......

JLT. Looks his ideal trip.

Last edited:
Just realised that Dounikos is the only one to carry a penalty in that race tomorrow and has to give them all 9lbs.

Music to my ears! No doubt Footpad will now run scared from the Irish version and we’ll get the showdown in March, after PM hacks up at Leopardstown obviously.

I'm on the nice prices about Petit Mouchoir as well Bear, and he's also in some multiples so it's music to mine too.

I reckon though that Footpad will take him on in February. Don't forget that Souede and Munir have two shots at Arkle, so they will be sorely tempted to see whether Footpad is up to the task or whether to up him in trip for the JLT and leave it to Sceau Royal. And I'd say they'd also reckon that PM is at his most vulnerable immediately after a layoff.

There would be some rather upset people if he was stepped up in trip. However if you consider that Sceau Royal is only ever going to be a 2 miler and that Footpad was a staying on 2nd to Petit Mouchoir in the ICH last season it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that history repeats itself and Footpad does end up in the JLT.

The wish is the father of the thought on that one, I reckon, TheBear.

After he has won the Irish Arkle, Footpad will run in the English equivalent - I’ve doubts on that score.

PS. Naturally, I reserve the right to grossly violate Munir/Souede, should they ultimately choose to run Footpad in the JLT. :cool:

Last edited:
As has been well documented the owners have no qualms running two good ones in the same race so my wishes probably won’t come true. Still, the presence of them both will only serve to create a better price for The Mouch!

Back