Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Would be backing Brelade EW if i was in the mood for getting my last remaining online accounts closed. May have to trawl around a couple of shops

Loved A Sizing Network last time out and he looks a good thing off 124, but 11-4 is a little skinny

JP has a very interesting selection of runners in that Beginners Chase tomorrow.
Some will get very very well handicapped and could be worth following on tracker; two were Cheltenham Festival placed( Sort It Out, Scoir Mear) one is a four time hurdle winner (That's A Wrap) and another from the famous Shuil Liss family.(Kilfenora)

Last edited:
I'd say the cute fcuker knows exactly where he is going

[FONT=&quot]Mullins has yet to formulate a gameplan for Yorkhill, who features prominently in the betting for races like the Gold Cup and the Champion Hurdle.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The seven-year-old has won at the last two Cheltenham Festivals and did really well to take top honours in the JLT Novices' Chase in March.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That was his fourth Grade One triumph, but plans for Yorkhill remain fluid at this stage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mullins said: "We haven't even started schooling him yet so whether he goes over hurdles or fences I don't know yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He is in great form."[/FONT]

I reckon he gives both Faugheen and Yorkhill an entry in the Morgiana.

If Faugheen runs in it and wins, Yorkie goes back over fences. If Yorkie wins, then a CH tilt almost certain, I'd say, given Mullins generally happy to fire more than one arrow at the race.

4/6 Petite Mouchoir freely available.If anyone is thinking of lumping on I wouldn't be worried by the drift -I've never known Henry not to have his top class recruits to chasing ready first time out.Sizing Europe started at even money in a novice chase run in the month of May racing against yaks.

It is interesting that Powers are longest on PM and shortest on Brelade.Do they know something or are they making a book -I say they are making a book.

Have never liked grey's either (Art excluded). Really setting myself up for a crash following this guy

In saying that he will win by half the course still on the bit

Unlike that aptly named surrender chuff monkey Identity Thief

Last edited:
4/6 Petite Mouchoir freely available.If anyone is thinking of lumping on I wouldn't be worried by the drift -I've never known Henry not to have his top class recruits to chasing ready first time out.Sizing Europe started at even money in a novice chase run in the month of May racing against yaks.

I never gave anything a thought if they put a price up I took it.............very easy never put a foot wrong if he was Willie's he's be half the price for the Arkle but as predicted single figures

Just looking at the novice chase championships, where you'd expect a properly planned campaign, the last 6 winners started on the following dates:
Arkle
Altior 21/11
Douvan 22/11
UDS 27/11
Western Warhorse 17/11 (hurdle, first chase 26/12)
Simonsig 21/12
Sprinter Sacre 9/12

JLT (Golden Miller)
Yorkhill 17/12
Black Hercules 14/12
Vautour 23/11
Taquin Du Seuil 29/10
Benefficient 22/9
Sir Des Champs 3/12

RSA
Might Bite 6/11
Blaklion 10/10
Don Poli 22/11
O'Faolain's Boy 21/12
Lord Windermere 11/11
Bobs Worth 25/11

Food for thought if you fancy Finian's Oscar and/or Death Duty?

Small sample size -Sizing Europe won his novice chase in May.A couple of Albert Bartlett winners have been summer jumpers (I know it's hurdling).

Back