Novice Chasers 2018/2019

The good news is Little Rockafella is going chasing the bad news is Silvestre De Sousa can't ride :)

Benie Des Dieux is another interesting recruit to fences I am looking forward to seeing

Good decision. The fact that Summerville Boy could beat him despite those errors towards the end of the Supreme suggests that he wouldn't have been CH class anyway.

Presuming Paloma Blue goes chasing also. Looks the type, in the right hands.

Did Faugheen not walk straight through a fence on his only point. Agree with Marco and think there no chance of going chasing.

��Willie Mullins on FAUGHEEN: “We could go novice chasing and if things are not working out go back to hurdling. I would say the longer trip over hurdles will suit him. He probably won’t go down the Champion Hurdle route”

These are real dark ones, so you may not have heard of them, but the two I’m most looking forward to are Samcro and Santini

Samcro’s obviously the second coming and wins wherever he goes and Santini’s going to boss the staying nov chases section over here

Wicklow Brave set to go chasing with Drinmore a likely pre Christmas target ; he would be one of the first to win a Group/Grade 1 on flat hurdles and fences if he does, enough for him to top our best all rounder list of a few years ago.

O'Learys must be going soft

"We haven't decided what Samcro will do yet and at the moment I would say it is 50-50," said O’Leary when asked what the most exciting young horse in training would be doing this season.He added: "He went back into training with Gordon a few weeks ago, but it is still very early days so nothing has been set in stone.
"The Champion Hurdle at Punchestown was supposed to tell us where we were going. If he'd won that he was staying over hurdles and, if he was beaten, we were going chasing. He fell before we knew what would have happened, so it didn’t decide anything."

Paddy Powers bet...

Samcro First Start Of The 2018/19 Season (Settled On First Official Start)
Hurdles 4/9
Chase 7/4
Surely 7/4's the bet?

Powers have laid a bet to suggest he won't. You hardly think they plucked this opinion out of the air.

Back