Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Decent race tomorrow at Listowel. 3 horses at the top of the market I wouldn't be surprised to see in the 4 miler.

14 in the Novice Chase at Newton Abbott next Friday including

Jenkins
Lough Derg Spirit
Maria’s Benefit
Mont des Avaloirs
Vision des Flos
Bags Groove
Divin Bere
Flying Tiger

GE on Samcro

[FONT=&quot]"It's a pity we didn't stand up in Punchestown as if he'd gone and won that I'd say we'd definitely be going the Champion Hurdle route."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On his preferred route, Elliott added: "I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, but I only train the horse, I don't own him. I'll have to talk to the lads and see what they want to do.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The way he jumps a hurdle you'd say chasing is going to be his game down the road, but it's not easy coming across a Champion Hurdle horse.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, that's all I can say."[/FONT]

Delta Work was impressive for me. Jumped well in the main and adjusted naturally when he wasn't right at a fence. Won a touch cosily over a distance well short of his best.

Nice word for Draconien

[FONT=&quot]With Draconien, initially after Punchestown I thought I'm going to stick hurdling, but when I saw how much he matured over the summer I said, 'this fellow is a chaser,'. We schooled him over fences the other day; he's very, very good, so I'm going to go chasing with him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Draconien looks like he could be in the Footpad league. It's a big league to be in, but that is the league we are aspiring to be in at this stage of the season with him, though I don't think he can run as often. He'll have a much tighter schedule.[/FONT]

Having backed Cracking Smart for the 4-Miler, I’m sort of chuffed they haven’t given him an entry. Hopefully he’ll return in something like the Florida Pearl, and then finish a staying on 3rd in the Fort Leney over Christmas.

I hope he is a bit better than the 4 miler - think he is possible quiet ground dependent also

Not unusual for Gigginstown to send one of their good novices to the 4-miler, and he may want further than the RSA trip if the ground is on the quicker side. Reckon this one is a relentless stayer.

That’s the theory anyway.

Last edited:
Thomas Campbell needs further but ran a fair race. The mare looked like she could take 2 lengths out of them whenever she wanted.

Back