Novice Chasers 2018/2019

I really like Vinndication. I also like how Bailey has been patient with him, which indicates he thinks he may have a very good horse on his hands.

I suspect it'll be JLT in March and he'd go there with a good chance, but it may be next year is his year stepped up in trip in open company. I think he could be a genuine Gold Cup horse next year.

21Dec18 Ascot (21Sft, RPR 154)

Vinndication is bone idle and only pulls out what he has to. The Scilly Isles could be next but he will want further than two and a half and if he goes to the Cheltenham Festival it would be for the RSA as he will stay forever. We will try to keep him unbeaten as it doesn't often happen you win your first six, and he doesn't show a lot at home - Kim Bailey, trainer.

Thanks Lee. For obvious reasons Kim Bailey would know far more than I do, and I'm sure in that case that's what they'll do.

I'd imagine the decision to go to Sandown over two and half or Wetherby over three at the weekend will be the clincher. Given that statement, Wetherby would be the easier race and offer the best chance of staying unbeaten. It's also over three miles, rather than two and half at Sandown, which is the stated intention.

I'll take the opening show as soon as a market is formed at Wetherby as compensation!

Actually I may not. Bailey has just done this for the Racing Post which suggests he's going for the harder race at Sandown over two and a half!

https://www.racingpost.com/news/he-...on-exciting-novice-chaser-vinndication/363833

He's unlikely to run again before the Festival and given he's never raced beyond the intermediate trip he surely goes for JLT if he wins or goes close irrespective of previous comments Bailey may have made.

Wetherby would be a penalty kick by contrast, so it's hard to think anything else.

Last edited:
Wetherby would also show how he goes left-handed. Not done that so far.

That's a really good pick up Archie. I hadn't noticed. It certainly raises a query. The flip side is his novice hurdle form is looking top draw in hindsite, and Bailey's suggestion that he's slow and will stay forever doesn't look quite right just yet.

Last edited:
I fully expect Kim Bailey to find a reason to duck Cheltenham altogether with this horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocket talking for sure but I thought that was an awful ride by David Bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think the horse looked remotely happy jumping out of the tacky ground. None of them particularly enjoyed it but thought he especially hated it. Delighted Defi is continuing to prove his early season critics wrong! ��

Obviously delighted Defi won to help make up for last time.

Not many travel better than him on bad ground but chances are he'll lose out in the JLT on that score 12/1 was fair 6/1 poor value IMO

La Bague Au Roi is a cracking mare.

I was quite heavily invested in Hardline. Can't work out if he didn't go on the ground or was it too sharp a trip.

Weird one as I thought he would have ran in the 2 miler yesterday. Some giving Kennedy stick on Twitter, but I don't think that's the jocks fault :/ this one.

Don't think the horse looked remotely happy jumping out of the tacky ground. None of them particularly enjoyed it but thought he especially hated it. Delighted Defi is continuing to prove his early season critics wrong! ��

I was wondering throughout the event if Vinndication was running its race. Beforehand, I thought it would win easily enough but it was never convincing me. You might well have the answer, jinnyj.

Kim Bailey was a guest on Luck On Sunday this morning, said the horse is still learning and views him as a long term project and is looking two years hence. Owners keen on going to Cheltenham with him but he wouldn't be worried if they didn't. Possibly the next Mr Frisk.

La Bague Au Roi is a cracking mare.

I was quite heavily invested in Hardline. Can't work out if he didn't go on the ground or was it too sharp a trip.

Weird one as I thought he would have ran in the 2 miler yesterday. Some giving Kennedy stick on Twitter, but I don't think that's the jocks fault :/ this one.

To my way of thinking it was a non Trier today.very funny ride.will be on it at Cheltenham and should get a good price.
No one thinks of non Trier when they finish close in 3rd.just an opinion.

Le Richerbourg is a lovely horse. I don't think he is as quick as an out and out very good 2 miler but he is good enough to win this year's Arkle

The 2018 Galway Hurdle form proves itself yet again.

Last edited:
In work so didn’t see the race, how bad did it jump/run? Gone in on Hardline for the JLT now, can’t see it being its current price on the day, and I thought it was holding something back against Le Bague au Roi last time.

Last edited:
As somebody heavily invested in Le Richebourg that was both enjoyable and painful to watch. Great performance from Glen Forsa there and championship races beckon at the festival now because he's clearly ruled himself out of thd handicaps. Likely to be rated early 150s after that.

Back