Novice Hurdlers 13/14

I was very impressed with Activial today. Loved the way he picked up from the back of the last and hit the line. Jumps well for a big horse and you would have to think further improvement is likely.

I haven't had a proper look at the Triumph (or any of the races at Cheltenham for that matter) but 12/1 looks a fair price.

Irving was impressive as well but I wouldn't be entirely convinced by his jumping.

Dunno about that, granger. He didn't look like much of a slouch to me.

He'd want to smarten-up his jumping though - a couple of mistakes will get you well out of position in a Supreme Novices.

Dunno about that, granger. He didn't look like much of a slouch to me.

He'd want to smarten-up his jumping though - a couple of mistakes will get you well out of position in a Supreme Novices.

big whoosy tail on him too. one to mind until he jumps a fence.

"I would like a wet Cheltenham for him – he wouldn't want it dry. If it dried up he wouldn't go.

"He's one that'll go back to France for a race there.

"I was saying to the owner (Mrs Violet O'Leary) earlier that he might skip Cheltenham and go to France but that performance puts Cheltenham back in the picture."

All on flat tracks though, we won't know for sure if he acts on an undulating track until the day although plenty will say that's rubbish :rolleyes:. His jumping wasn't absolutely top notch, I thought he was going to put down at the last. I think Wilde Blue Yonder may surprise one or two in the Supreme if he stands up.:whistle:

That horse will be the death of me after his last 2 races!

Sorry, granger....thought you were talking about Irving.

I still think Vautour is the one to beat, baracouda, but Irving was impressive enough for me to think less than formality. They should really have the race between them though, and Vautour looks the more flexible tactically, and better jumper of the pair.

Last edited:
That was impressive by Irving, certainly a serious player. The tactics will be interesting in the supreme. Certainly in Irving and Wicklow Brave, Vautour is facing 2 speedier types.

Must have something to do with all the recent preview nights DG. In almost every one I read the Irish experts, including Patrick Mullins, all seem to be picking Wicklow Brave. Certainly suggesting he is better value than Vautour anyway.

I think Vautour lacks gears (lack of confidence in previews would worry me).

Doesn't look a vintage renewal, Irving deservedly favourite.

Josses Hill at 12s ew looks the best value today.

Vatour good chance if the ground is soft

Wicklow looks the one in better one

and the one overpriced is Western Boy, travells very well and has scope

Irving lacks class for this

I think Vautour lacks gears (lack of confidence in previews would worry me).

Doesn't look a vintage renewal, Irving deservedly favourite.

Josses Hill at 12s ew looks the best value today.

I've seen a report on social media that Josses Hill finished 30 yards behind his regular galloping partner this morning but there again he's being taken to Kempton for a racecourse gallop Friday so who knows ? Lots of conjecture that the recent Lambourn floods have affected the Henderson work schedules.

I've seen a report on social media that Josses Hill finished 30 yards behind his regular galloping partner this morning but there again he's being taken to Kempton for a racecourse gallop Friday so who knows ? Lots of conjecture that the recent Lambourn floods have affected the Henderson work schedules.

Can't see anything on twitter?

Has anyone seen the the silks on ATR for horses declared for the Neptune?
Must be a bit of swapping going on amongst owners.
Rathvinden owned by Camilla Radford!
Knock House owned by Rich Ricci!

Am on faugheen antepost at crazy prices but his price now is nuts.hope his jumping holds up.He'll either hose in or not complete.

Back