Novice Hurdlers 2009/2010

Brilliant. Will make a real market out of it. I'd imagine there will be some wide ranging opinions on how he will do in this. How do you price up Dunguib?

7/4 Sowlhit
5/2 Dunguib
9/2 Hurricane Fly
9/2 Punjabi

With Quevega running tomorrow the 10/3 Dunguib is gone and the 3/1 with Bet365 must be hanging by a thread. I want to take the 3/1 but strictly on the formbook it is nuts taking Dunguib over Sowlwit when both are available at 3/1. Any strong opinions on the race?

With Quevega running tomorrow the 10/3 Dunguib is gone and the 3/1 with Bet365 must be hanging by a thread. I want to take the 3/1 but strictly on the formbook it is nuts taking Dunguib over Sowlwit when both are available at 3/1. Any strong opinions on the race?

I would be worried about both on this ground - Punchestown is a quick enough course when the road is riding like this and it must be a worry considering Dunguib's team seem pretty keen to get plenty of ease. HR's chances will be best judged by the market, Voler might find the ground on the quick side too and Punjabi out of form. Looks a very competitive race ripe for something to really stamp its authority on the race.

No angle per-se Gearoid but there's a heck of a lot of focus on Dunguib. Look at the run of Ronaldo Des Mottes (conceding weight to Get Me Out Of Here) at Newbury and compare it with the run of Dunguib against the same horse at Cheltenham. 16/1 is absolutely massive if he gets his ground as on the formbook he should have the beating of the Fenton horse.

I would be worried about both on this ground - Punchestown is a quick enough course when the road is riding like this and it must be a worry considering Dunguib's team seem pretty keen to get plenty of ease. HR's chances will be best judged by the market, Voler might find the ground on the quick side too and Punjabi out of form. Looks a very competitive race ripe for something to really stamp its authority on the race.

I thought the ground could not be used as an excuse for Dunguib. Thats why I was so keen on taking 3/1.

I thought the ground could not be used as an excuse for Dunguib. Thats why I was so keen on taking 3/1.

Fenton claimed that one of the main reasons for skipping Tuesday and waiting for Friday was that they were more likely to get rain before Friday (none was forecast between the time he was interviewed at the end of last week and Tuesday's race).

Before his last rum before Cheltenham the ground was too soft and there was a chance he would not run . If he has a good ground action than what is the worry?

Even without Binocular and Kyber Kim it looks a fascinating renewal with Dunguib and Hurricane Fly both declared.

Back