Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

Fingal Bay was very impressive winning the Persian War at Chepstow. He looks a heck of a prospect.

Agree , and have given him a very high rating for a debutant over hurdlers, I just hope they target the Supreme with him. It was mentioned he does like to get his toe in though.

Interesting runner in the first at Chepstow tomorrow, Prospect Wells - won a 1m4f Listed race at Pontefract beating Nanton last year and has been sent to Paul Nicholls from Howard Johnson.

Just seen trainer comments

"He'll probably go to Navan for the (Grade 2) Monksfield Novice Hurdle (27th November) and he'll probably get an entry for the Royal Bond as well.

"He's a proper stayer and the further he goes the better he will be."

Just seen trainer comments

I was slightly surprised to see him run so soon after slipping up the last day - looks like Elliott plans to keep him very busy...... don't know if thats ideal for a Cheltenham candidate. I like the horse just wonder about the planning behind a hectic schedule...

Seems he will favour the longer races. Given the incident the last day, they were probably right to get him racing again so soon.

Guessing he will be entered at Leopardstown aswell so that will be 5 races pre the new year

Imagine he'd only run in one or the other (Navan or Royal Bond) though he did have 5 races in 2 1/2 months last season (30th December to 13th March) so clearly takes his racing well.

Would hope if he is that busy early season though that they go easy on him in the run-up to Cheltenham, anyway it's early days yet but happy that I'm on for the 3m Novice Hurdle.

Not following the jumps all that closely these days but I was seriously impressed with Fingal Bay's performance today at Cheltenham.

I would be more than happy with 10's for either the RSA Hurdle or the Albert Bartlett if I knew which race was the plan for him.

Back