Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

I got too wankered on the train to have a look, and haven't really sharpened-up to any great degree since.

As things stand, I'll be throwing a few kopeks at two or three outers tomorrow, to complement the few kopeks I threw at Allure of Illusion earlier. :cool:

Last edited:
Allure of allusion is no 33/1shot that's for sure.if its anything over 25s when I get there later I may contemplate going in again!!

I think Dylan Ross is a sporting bet, too. I liked Darlan, planned to back him and can't believe the price.

Should be 8/1 the field.

I can't belive the price of Darlan the other way round. He was surely going to run to a rating in the 150s or damn near it the other day. Most years a low 150s is near enough to winning. I don't see much potential for superstars in this years race, though admittedly you often don't till after the race.

He's as likely as any in this years race to have more than he's shown in the locker. He did go very wide to get into contention at Newbury and had to be requested to do it rather than just tanking through which I find comforting, less liklihood he would have fallen in a hole.

The big negatives are firstly that it was a horrible fall which could stick in the memory, plus his previous run had the stink of confusing the handicapper about it, meaning Newbury was his big day.

I'd be happy backing him at 4/1, at 13/2 happy days. I've covered to win a third as much on Mountbazon, Tetlami and Colour Squadron in a show of anti-Irish discrimination. The memory of So Young brushing aside Trifolium knocks the generation for me.

Last edited:
Paddy Power have a special for those betting on their phones (perhaps using the app) for the Supreme - back any horse up to €20 and you get a free bet for the same amount Wednesday. Easy €20 is the way I am looking at it...

Back