Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

7/4 now with Hills. It's not unknown for the Noel Meade money to come late and fast but the early indications are that Mount Benbulben and not Texas Jack will be sub 6/4 tomorrow.

7/4 now with Hills. It's not unknown for the Noel Meade money to come late and fast but the early indications are that Mount Benbulben and not Texas Jack will be sub 6/4 tomorrow.

It would be silly for any horse to be sub 6/4 in a race of this quality.

Do we want it? Looks like we're taking on nuts and bolts :ninja:

We cannot admit defeat 16 hrs before the race. Elliots horses are very in and out recently - TJ has done nothing but be impressive so far - at almost double the price I would keep the faith unless Carberry's buddies are lumping on:eek:

I was talking to a man going into mass this evening that said Texas Jack was the best novice hurdler Meade has had since Aran Concerto (who was better than he ever showed). Coming out of the church I was told that the Elliot yolk would win the race on three legs. I shit you not.

I've done my nuts in this type of race enough to steer clear; for all the intrigue, the reality is we are for the most part dealing with form in slowly-run maiden hurdles.

Word from Kanturk is that RF has settled mentally and there is not a tree without it's roots in the air within a five mile radius of Winter's gallops. Ruby met him after his last run and begged him for the ride in this!!!
From never wanting to load onto the lorry and taking up to an hour to do so it is rumoured that RF will actually drive the lorry he has matured so much!

Last edited:
Thought it was a very good performance by the winner-Ruby is always deadly when allowed to make his own pace.

Considering he let Rebel Fitz dictate a steady pace that was a very taking performance. Like Martin said in the Competition section it makes more sense to go for the longer race at the Festival.

A lot more sense based on what we have seen so far. He finished like a train. Think RF went 1/10 during the race. Taking performance no doubts

Last edited:
Where did the Jetson money come from??

From Jessica Harrington's column in the Irish Examiner:

Jetson takes his chance in the Monksfield Hurdle at Navan tomorrow and that’s a very good race. Rebel Fitz, Texas Jack, Mount Benbulben, Make A Track… they’re all in it! But Jetson is well and his form from the win in Cork was franked the other day when Daring Article won.

This is a big step up but he has plenty of experience over hurdles, which is definitely a factor in his favour. I expect a good run but as I said to the owner, we’ll know afterwards what type of plans we’ll be making for the rest of the year.

Texas Jack was very disappointing. I expect they'll drop him in trip for his next run. On the other hand Mountbenbulben is likely to go up in trip.

Could that have been TJ's full running? It was too bad to be true

I just think they went no pace. I could be wrong but hold up tactics off a slow pace works against trees but not against today's opposition.

(12:50) 312B Bar One Racing Royal Bond Novice
H'dle (Grade 1) €48,750.00 ( 2m - 4yo+ )[MAX 16]
FIRST FORFEIT: 29-NOV-11
SUPPLEMENTARY ENTRY: 29-NOV-11
NHFrm
21373 1 Aupcharlie (WPMullins) - . ................ 11,10
311 2 Boston Bob (WPMullins) - . ............... 11,10
f-012 3 Dylan Ross (NMeade) - . ................... 11,10
1 4 Galileo's Choice (DKWeld) - . ........... 11,10
5411 5 Il Fenomeno (ITY)(131) (NMeade) - . . 11,10
11136 6 Laganbank (WPMullins) - . ................ 11,10
1112 7 Make A Track (CFSwan) - . ............... 11,10
411s1 8 Mount Benbulben (GElliott) - . .......... 11,10
3-21 9 Sous Les Cieux (FR) (WPMullins) - . 11,10
10111 10 Steps To Freedom (MrsJHarrington)
- . ................................. 11,10
1-911 11 Sword Of Destiny (NMeade) - . ........ 11,10
111 12 Texas Jack (NMeade) - . ................... 11,10
911 13 Corbally Ghost (NMeade) - .............. 11,07
21321 14 Jenari (MrsJHarrington) - . ................. 11,07
2 15 Midnight Game (GB) (WPMullins) - . 11,07
1 16 Monksland (NMeade) - . .................... 11,07
22133 17 Burn And Turn (MrsJHarrington) - . .. 11,03
14137 18 Dazzling Susie(125)
(JPO'Callaghan) - . ...... 11,03
63121 19 Miss Nomer(121) (EJO'Grady) - . ....... 11,00
282-3 20 Theleze (FR) (WPMullins) - ............... 11,00
121 21 Lovethehigherlaw (WPMullins) - . ..... D

5/2 Il Fenomeno,
7/1 Galileo’s Choice,

Both Group winners on the flat but Il Fenomeno looks far more exposed. The difference in price makes no sense. I'd imagine the 11/10 Soux Les Cieux will be odds on by the race off.

5/2 Il Fenomeno,
7/1 Galileo’s Choice,

Both Group winners on the flat but Il Fenomeno looks far more exposed. The difference in price makes no sense. I'd imagine the 11/10 Soux Les Cieux will be odds on by the race off.

Cannot understand Soux Les Cieux's price - mentally low! We be against him straightaway.

Back