Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

Quite possibly my only real bet on Day One. I'd love to sell him on the spreads but a place is handier. He will be ran over.

The horse cantered over two Grade 1 winners.

Not quite sure what's not to be liked?

I love Cheltenham because people are attracted onto the wrong horses by the structure of the market.

Darlan will be a 1/2 shot approaching 2 out.

Glad I got my 16/1, 12/1 and will probably get on at 6/1 again.

Bet of the festival on the information I have.

Bruce, I wish you the best of luck with your bet but if you think you can get out at 1/2 in running I suggest you do.

Thanks Slim, I wish everyone all the best at the festival too!

Just one race out of 30.

Betting on 30 races at Cheltenham is a much better strategy than better on 30 races spread out at other meetings throughout the year. The markets are more efficient, you will have no problem getting on, every horse is trying - if you have the cash, and feel you can spot value in each race, then why not.

I won't, not by a long way, as I don't know enough about too many races.

Hinterland was taken out of the Fred Winter today, so that pleased me. I've backed him several times for the Triumph, but as he's still in the Supreme, and gets 8 pounds for being a 4yo, you'd have to think a 141 animal getting that sort of allowance would be in with a chance. I've just taken 40/1 with Stan James, NRNB of course.

Hinterland was taken out of the Fred Winter today, so that pleased me. I've backed him several times for the Triumph, but as he's still in the Supreme, and gets 8 pounds for being a 4yo, you'd have to think a 141 animal getting that sort of allowance would be in with a chance. I've just taken 40/1 with Stan James, NRNB of course.

The Supreme looks the most difficult race of the festival to me. Should be 10/1 the field... Have backed Galileos Choice and Cinders & Ashes at almost double their current prices but without any great confidence. This view is shared by DK Weld who says GC lacks experience and C&A is a slow boat according to many at the preview nights..both reflections above would very accurately describe the mug who has backed them...:rolleyes:

Having had a look on my Betfair it seems I had a few pennies on Hinterland a few weeks ago for this at 210/1 and 25/1 to place. Completely forgot about it.

The Supreme looks the most difficult race of the festival to me. Should be 10/1 the field... Have backed Galileos Choice and Cinders & Ashes at almost double their current prices but without any great confidence. This view is shared by DK Weld who says GC lacks experience and C&A is a slow boat according to many at the preview nights..both reflections above would very accurately describe the mug who has backed them...:rolleyes:

You're still way off the winner.......Vulcanite :ninja:

Not many like Steps to Freedom which I hear good things about and has the basic form. Am I missing something?

Very interesting!! He was one I was only thinking of this morning. Bit of a forgotten horse. When he fell the last day, when going best (against Montbazon & Vulcanite) I was thinking I didn't want to be with a horse that fell lto before as competitive a race as the supreme. But if you can forgive him that, he's coming in under the radar.

I was really impressed with CS earlier in the season and think the Montbazon form is good, I'll probably take these 2 in the opener.

Steps To Freedom only hung on as favourite as long as he did by default, because no other horse has particularly stood out from the rest all season. He had to struggle hard to beat Prospect Wells, but it might be said in his defence that his stable was out of form at the time. I don't fancy him myself.

Re Colour Squadron, I would find it harder to forgive his Sandown walkabout than his Newbury fall. That Tolworth form doesn't look up to much at this stage.

Back