Novice Hurdlers 2014/15

Something to consider.

do any of this lot strike you as a champion horse next season or are they all embryonic chasers?

Peace and Co 100% will stay hurdling (as will Hargam) P & C is very highly regarded by BG but hard to access he was unbelievable good at Doncaster but not so impressive at Cheltenham
but it was really a balls of a race with no gallop.....I think we'll see a similar performance to Donnie in the Triumph as it sure to be run at a decent pace.

Windsor Park if 2 miles turns out to be his trip is miles better than anything else in the Neptune...He looks more like a hurdling type than a chaser.

What we forget though is the gap to be closed is like jumping the Grand Canyon between novice company and the CH.

Too many go the wrong way or turn out to be not as good as thought after winning a big race at Cheltenham......eg Al Ferof, Zarkandar, Tiger Roll, Mikael d'Haguenet Those winners who go on to win a Champion Hurdle are few and far between although it does look likely this year with both Faugheen and The New One having a good chance of being the first in 10 years.

Black Hercules and Douvan are 100% chaser's in waiting and if the latter wins the Supreme you'll be lucky if he's 3/1 for the Arkle right after the race

Guess you know better than me if it was on TV must be true

And learn to read I said it was JP's bet of the week (He told Tom Segal when he asked him) where did I say AP said it was his best chance of a winner?

@nd time in a week you've pulled me up and been wrong :p

No, just pointing out that AP is saying one thing to one person (TV, that Jezki, owned by JP, was his best chance of a winner) and something different to another (your source, that it was "JP's best bet of the week").

I think most people would conclude that best bet means best chance of a winner. I wouldn't, but most of the general public would.

Hacking all the way and found plenty, Good horse.
Great stuff for the fav boys, Happy with 33/1 on Sizing John.

If he had settled, would have won 8l.

runner up should be in Neptune

third a chaser of future.

hope they all pull out sound tomorrow. Ground looked a bit lacking in soft which EC or DO will hopefully confirm

L'ami serge badly hampered by Seedling fall. Wouldn't have got near the winner anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with all that. L'ami Serge pretty unlucky but anchoring him at the back is asking for more trouble than you should be.

Neptune Novices Hurdle

Putting on a lowly €20 on Outlander with PaddyPower, I get this notice on my betslip:- "Maximum stake for Outlander to win is 0.87". :mad:

Go and do one, Paddy ! This is Cheltenham, ffs.

(No point to this post, I guess, but it makes feel a little better ..................)

Good winner. Connections were very bullish for good reason. First impressions was that it was a very steady pace. All contenders with half a chance were going well coming to the 2nd last.

Was a good ride and one which was anticipated what with some previous jumping.
Very smart horse that.

Could be argued they've only had one day in mind with that horse all season with some of the previous rides.

Neptune Novices Hurdle

Putting on a lowly €20 on Outlander with PaddyPower, I get this notice on my betslip:- "Maximum stake for Outlander to win is 0.87". :mad:

Go and do one, Paddy ! This is Cheltenham, ffs.

(No point to this post, I guess, but it makes feel a little better ..................)

Why bother with the bastids mate.I'm looking at a 22/1 shot just now on the machine and you could have grand plus plus on without even having to talk to anyone.

I do use bookies but never direct......you ask for a grand at 22/1 they only know 2 words and the 2nd one is OFF

Why bother with the bastids mate.
True, I think you're spot-on, lad.
I'm done with them (PaddyPower) now -- this account is useless and may as well be closed out.
The stomach-churning thing is, tho', listening to the Powers rep spouting on Ch4 how they have taken multiple bets of ten monkeys each on such-and-such a horse. Yeah, and then Lay me a max of 0.87 cents at the biggest meeting of the year.

Last edited:
Arbre de Vie in the Albert Bartlett tomorrow.

Beaten under a length by Aux Ptits Soins back in France. Won without being asked a question on both starts for Mullins. Ricci owned. 20/1. Worth a penny or two in a race that looks wide open.

True, I think you're spot-on, lad.
I'm done with them (PaddyPower) now -- this account is useless and may as well be closed out.
The stomach-churning thing is, tho', listening to the Powers rep spouting on Ch4 how they have taken multiple bets of ten monkeys each on such-and-such a horse. Yeah, and then Lay me a max of 0.87 cents at the biggest meeting of the year.

My friend had a 300 quid double up on SLIM'S DUO..He asked to withdraw most of it and Guess what? Get's an email they don't want his business anymore.........they are unreal

Now the AB is a race where the first two in the betting are too short. Worth taking on after the Neptune showed the Brits and Irish aren't too far apart with the stayers. The rain has come for Blacklion who is proven over 3 miles unlike a lot of these. His form lines through Parlour Games and Vyta Du Roc reads very well.

No, just pointing out that AP is saying one thing to one person (TV, that Jezki, owned by JP, was his best chance of a winner) and something different to another (your source, that it was "JP's best bet of the week").

I think most people would conclude that best bet means best chance of a winner. I wouldn't, but most of the general public would.

The thing is DO AP himself isn't going to pin point a horse he knows JP is going to have his sheckles on plus AP is a shockingly bad judge at times........Hope it's the case with Hargam.....BG did point out he's more ground dependant that Peace and Co but 17 runners much depends on who is in the right place at the right time.

Hope it's pissing down in England tonight :D

Back