Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Barters Hill, a horse I have not yet tracked yet.

Trainer says " During the summer he has done really well, bigger and stronger. Start off with a low key race before a run in the Challow Hurdle at Newbury"

Two nice races at Exeter toady which were won by good sorts last year

In the first, Western Warrior will probably struggle to give the weight away, but can make a case for any of the front four in the market. One to watch

The second looks a match between Welsh Shadow and Yanworth and at the prices will take a chance on Dan Skelton’s

Altior has now got an official BHA rating of 143 and Ch'Tibello a 137..

I'm a little confused as to why they have the 2nd horse 6lb lower tbh..was only beaten 1.5 lengths...am i missing something?

good shout SP by the way..145 was close.

just need em to run in handicaps now

Last edited:
Altior has now got an official BHA rating of 143 and Ch'Tibello a 137..

I'm a little confused as to why they have the 2nd horse 6lb lower tbh..was only beaten 1.5 lengths...am i missing something?

good shout SP by the way..145 was close.

just need em to run in handicaps now

I would have had Ch'tibello a tad higher but Altior did blunder the last quite badly and still ended up winning slightly comfortably.

Not much today, but there are some fascinating runners over the weekend. These have caught my eye:

Saturday
12.20 Winc Looks a match between facile C&D winner Marracudja & Hobbs's Wishfull Dreaming. I'll probably side with the Nicholls runner
12.45 Aint. Persian War 3rd Definite Outcome runs, but am not sure that was a great grade 2
15.10 Naas. looks a stroll for Disko

Sunday
13.30 Ffos Las see's the very well touted Ma Du Fou declared for Greatrex. I'm sure he was quoted as being his best novice last season, but beaten twice at short prices
13.10 Navan. Race of the weekend. Archive (conqueror of Disko), Thomas Hobson for Mullins and Tycoon Prince. Tycoon for me…

Everything is relative but both Bachason and long dog gave Three Stars good beatings over the summer.

tycoon prince surely needs longer and not shorter

Wolf Of Windlesham has a bright future over timber having hacked up at Ludlow last week in a juvenile hurdle.
I do not know what he beat, (there was a Simon Munir owned Henderson hot-pot back in third), but he's on my radar as a possible Triumph Hurdle horse in March after he kept pulling away in the final furlong like a horse with a right-old engine.
I think there could be any amount of improvement in him at the tender age of three after just one hurdles start.
Admittedly I do like his trainer Stuart Edmunds who also trains another horse I like called Cloonacool, but Wolf Of Windlesham is worth a mention on merit.
The wolf is entered on Saturday in the Triumph hurdle trial at Chelters. Only 10 runners declared, will probs take his chance, though he's another entry earlier in the week too.

Cloonacool taken out of Greatwood so probably goes chasing now, looking forward to seeing what it can do over fences.

Last edited:
Three notable races/runners today:

2.30 Ludlow. Dalia Pour Moi went close at Wetherby & Robin of Locksley travelled like a dream at Cheltenham last month. RF:)
3.30 Ludlow. Robins Reef hopefully turns out to be an exciting Mare
2.40 Taunton. 2nd at Cheltenham & 3rd at Punchestowwn, Modus should start his hurdling career for Nicholls with a win. Short price though

Nice schooling round for Modus...jumped very well and skipped away after the last to win easy. Wore a hood without the visors ....so obv very buzzy.

OK Corral entered up for Warwick's National Hunt hurdle next week. Really looking forward to seeing this one and could also be a slight pointer to Yorkhill's chances in the Royal Bond if he goes there.

Wolf Of Windlesham has a bright future over timber having hacked up at Ludlow last week in a juvenile hurdle.
I do not know what he beat, (there was a Simon Munir owned Henderson hot-pot back in third), but he's on my radar as a possible Triumph Hurdle horse in March after he kept pulling away in the final furlong like a horse with a right-old engine.
I think there could be any amount of improvement in him at the tender age of three after just one hurdles start.
Admittedly I do like his trainer Stuart Edmunds who also trains another horse I like called Cloonacool, but Wolf Of Windlesham is worth a mention on merit.

Runs in the first as expected tomorrow - not quoted for the Triumph the last time I looked...hopefully he can change that tomorrow. Look like 4 runners in there with every chance.

Last edited:
Shantou Village Granger? If so agreed, would be good to hear their views as he was visually very impressive, but not sure there was much pace early and also you'd think Penglai ran significantly below his last run

Runs in the first as expected tomorrow - not quoted for the Triumph the last time I looked...hopefully he can change that tomorrow. Look like 4 runners in there with every chance.

Nice shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get in there
Brilliant tipping Marb

Back