Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Krugermac for the Moore's impressed me in the first yesterday at Ascot. Not a great race, but traveled well, jumped perfectly and may be underestimated if stepped up in grade next time

Even though there's a grade 2 on Sunday, think the most interesting runners are at Gowarn today. Gunnery Sergent & hype horse American Tom in the novice and Supasaundae & Stonehard in the maiden

Supreme fav Moon Racer out until the Spring

While we are on the subject of future plans, unfortunately we have had to put plans on hold for Champion Bumper winner Moon Racer after he met with a setback. He is currently on the easy-list although we are hoping to get him back later in the season for some of the big spring festivals.

Nothing exciting today, but a couple of interest tomorrow:

Modus has is 2nd run over timber in the 12.30 at Newbury. Hugely impressed with his slick jumping first time out and think he's on his way to the top. Only slight worry is he may not want it too soft. Opposition includes See The World (winner of THAT bumper), Charmix for Harry Fry and also interestingly Burning Desire for Richard Hughes. He didn't hang around to have a jumps runner. I guess it’s in the breeding…

13.25 Navan sees hurdling bow of Goffs Land Rover bumper winner Petit Mouchoir. Now with Mullins and very interesting

Tycoon Prince very dissapointing last time out following his maiden win....anyone heard any excuses/reasons behind it? His bumper form was very good if memory serves me right.
This horse is held in high regard by Elliott however I see no explanation has come from him.

Be interested to see how this Lavelle one goes tomorrow after witnessing that Wincanton run.

'We could see the winner of the Supreme in the first at Newbury tomorrow'

or the third at Thurles.

Last edited:
Not too disappointed with Modus and he’ll still be a contender at the festivals, but would be no surprise if they stepped him up in trip. Travelled & jumped well, with the ground soft enough for him. The 2nd is also probably decent

Petit Mouchoir did it as she pleased

The last race in Newbury today looks a very hot one. Champion bumper third Wait For Me makes his debut over timber as does the Aintree festival graded bumper 4th Buveur D'Air. Both pieces of form look exceptional with the inexperienced Hobbs horse Wait For Me finding only Moon Racer and Modus (won twice over timber since) too good on the day. Behind him were horses like Yanworth (one win & one narrow defeat to Welsh Shadow on debut, since a listed winner at Haydock last week), Vigil, 0 0 seven, Bellshill (see below) & Stone Hard back in 19th who have all won well since.

Looking at the Henderson horse Buveur D'air who won twice before twice placing behind Barters Hill at Newbury & that Aintree graded bumper. Taking that Aintree form you had Bellshill & Potters Corner filling second & third that day. Both have subsequently won since with Bellshill taking the Grade 1 Punchestown bumper beating Disko(form franked since) & winning well on hurdling debut. The fifth horse Archive has won since as has the 10th home that day, another horse of Henderson's Brain Power who won last Monday at Kempton on debut.

This race today looks potentially top class & perhaps you might even see a Cheltenham winner today. Either way the first 6 or seven home will be going into my tracker.

In the end after much debate last night I sided with Wait For Me at 11/8 as the form looks a little more solid with winners coming plentiful and from miles back.

A race to enjoy & hopefully one to profit from for months to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Grassy. I think a reverse forecast could well be on the cards here too. If the form lines are true they should be filling the first two places. Of course it doesn't always work like that.

Thanks Grassy. I think a reverse forecast could well be on the cards here too. If the form lines are true they should be filling the first two places. Of course it doesn't always work like that.

Reverse fc paid 8/1. Lovely performance by Buveur D'air. Wait for me couldn't jump to save his life.

Wolf Of Windlesham has a bright future over timber having hacked up at Ludlow last week in a juvenile hurdle.
I do not know what he beat, (there was a Simon Munir owned Henderson hot-pot back in third), but he's on my radar as a possible Triumph Hurdle horse in March after he kept pulling away in the final furlong like a horse with a right-old engine.
I think there could be any amount of improvement in him at the tender age of three after just one hurdles start.
Admittedly I do like his trainer Stuart Edmunds who also trains another horse I like called Cloonacool, but Wolf Of Windlesham is worth a mention on merit.

Entered at Donny on Saturday. Hopefully the upward curve is maintained - horse has a good engine that's for sure.. Finger crossed.

Last edited:
Back