Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

I knew something but forgot which one it was.. he runs on 13th so we have all the hype stacked in for the nxt couple of days

On all known form I'm inclined to agree with Perpetual.

He is way more over hyped outside of the Mullins yard than he is inside it. I know, as a staff, they were in early doors on the likes of Vatour, Allez Colombries & after his untimely death in the Royal Bond again with Douvan but they're not as keen with this lad by any means!

The fact he is favourite for the Supreme I'd imagine is largely down to a lot of ante post bets latching on to the connections of the previous two winners.

Double Island w/o the fav would be my idea of a wager on tomorrows race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Min is doubley hyped, as there was plenty of talk last year about him when he didn’t make it to the track which flowed over to this season. I’ve read about him in the Mark Howard book, the RP stable tour and have also heard Ricci say he was a “dark one” for the season! Exciting prospect, looking forawd to seeing him but no betting proposition for me and any one taking single figure prices for the Supreme wants to give up the game!

There are a couple of other interesting novices out today

Thomas Hobson ran well in a grade 3 last time at Navan. Tycoon Prince may not have run his race, but still think Thomas H will be good enough this afternoon.

Rock on Oscar should win the 13.10 at Taunton but is too short to back and am looking forward to seeing £220k purchase Born Survivor at Warwick

Thomas Hobson ran well in a grade 3 last time at Navan. Tycoon Prince may not have run his race, but still think Thomas H will be good enough this afternoon.

I felt he was keen and jumping was sketchy. Ran a fine race considering. Big engine. Could be top class if/when he learns to settle better and improves his jumping.

I marked him down as one to follow too.

I'm hoping Min wins today but mainly to prevent Buveur Dair's Supreme price from shortening.

The p155 take off it, as we all know, is if he loses the Henderson horse (along with a few others) will shorten. He wins and there'll be no change other than the cut in Min's own.

Last edited:
WPM on Thomas Hobson:

"Jumping is improving but needs to improve more otherwise he could go back on the flat"

I didn't think his jumping was that bad, but a return to the flat would not be a surprise after the season connections had

Min did it very very nicely, but 6/1 would not entice me for the Supreme

Born Survivor also did it very well, but on Rock on Oscar needs to learn to settle

Tomorrows novice at Cheltenham has four exciting entries. Well touted newcomers Politologue & Baden up against Drumlee Sunset (promising C&D in Oct followed by unseating latest) and North Hill Harvey who was giving Barters Hill a race before destroying the last. One to watch

Ma Du Fou should win at Bangor. Won well enough in terrible ground at Ffos Las & the 2nd scooted up at Aintree over the weekend. Assume he'll be very short though

Bellshill up against Tycoon Prince tomorrow at Navan. I for one would love to see Tycoon Prince come out on top. Hoping the step up in trip will suit.
To be honest getting fed up with Mullins' domination of the novice hurdling ranks!

A couple of decent novices at Newbury this afternoon with the Buveur D'air form tested in both

The 2nd Wait For Me goes in the maiden. He should win, but is too short and needs to jump better

Big Chief Benny was 3rd and runs in the novice against easy Fontwell winner Emerging Force and Charmix who gave Modus a scare at the Hennessy meeting. Charmix looks like he’s underrated and I’ll be having a good bet @ 2/1

Le Prezien pays a big compliment to Yanworth there. Hacked up.

Clan des Obeaux impressive in the juvenile too.

That's a bit of a downer, was looking to oppose Yamworth on Friday with either Altior or Pengai Pavillion depending on the ground, size of field.

A couple of decent novices at Newbury this afternoon with the Buveur D'air form tested in both

The 2nd Wait For Me goes in the maiden. He should win, but is too short and needs to jump better

Big Chief Benny was 3rd and runs in the novice against easy Fontwell winner Emerging Force and Charmix who gave Modus a scare at the Hennessy meeting. Charmix looks like he’s underrated and I’ll be having a good bet @ 2/1

Still needs to jump better but he has an engine & pays a nice compliment to Buveur D'air. Dept to the race too with Potters Legend back in second, a lot more dept than Mins easy win. They pulled miles clear of Kid Kalanaissi who was 10th in Buveur D'airs newbury win so the lines of form look good.

As you said it must give Big Chief Benny a decent shout in a hot race later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait For Me definitely needs to brush up his jumping, but I was very impressed with Charmix. Nicholls and the JP camp may not be so pleased, as reckon that will blow a hole in Modus's OR

Back