Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

ardy

how many wins do you think mullins would have had this week if...

(1) geraghty had ridden yanworth better
(2) smart talk had run to form
(3) vaniteux had stood up

every f**king time there's a grudging comment. did he spit in your soup?

limini to win at royal ascot this year (NAP)

bit of a tosser aren't you? As we have seen already? This is what ardross said

Douvan was impressive but with Vaniteux coming down two out it told us little .

I assume Douvan was idling as I expected him to come further clear than that . Vaniteux althpugh being driven along had the measure of Sizing John and it would have been informative if Douban had faced an opponent that led him to have pulled out more

So far for all his great potential and the lovely way he travels he has had so little competition this year .

Absolutely nothing wrong with that viewpoint. I don't necessarily agree and I also believe that the winner is exceptional, but so what. It's a very fair observation

Last edited:
thanks for reply clive and shame about namecalling. had you priced as 1/4 to back up your mate and 12/1 to contribute to the champion hurdle thread again this year so happy the odds on shot came in

you make a good point though and maybe harsh on ardross on the arkle angle.

thanks for reply clive and shame about namecalling. had you priced as 1/4 to back up your mate and 12/1 to contribute to the champion hurdle thread again this year so happy the odds on shot came in

you make a good point though and maybe harsh on ardross on the arkle angle.

??? Champion hurdle thread? What on earth are you on about

Hes most certainly not my mate ! but sorry about the name and fair play

Last edited:
I love reading these threads a couple of days after the fact.

Bad ride by Barry one said.......that's bullshit he asked the horse to come up at one and he never Barry was lucky he responded as quick as he did to put Yanworth half right or he might have been buried.

Yanworth is a cracking horse and will go to the top but Yanworth looks like he's there already...he is one serious horse and the Arkle puzzle looks solved before it starts.

As far as Vaniteaux goes what has he got to do with anything. Douvan was awesome and his opposition was not the horses it was the fences and the clock.

He's jumped really well and without being asked to serious a question he's ripped the ass out of the stopwatch.

You would do alot worse than follow the 3 of them from now until the end of next season.

Absolutely certain to win 10 races + between them

Such a trappy race this..have looked at it from all angles so happy to sit it out
Barters is so tough so would be nice to see him win

up for review has put in a big figure last time it won..but then disappointed on faster ground at Donny..will it disappoint on even faster ground

the reverse can be said for shantou village..best form on a surface like this..and still ran great last time on slower..that Yanworth form is the best on offer here despite what Y did or didn't do..will have 20 quid on shantou

Last edited:
How have Mullholland's been running this week? That was too bad to be believed from Shantou Village.

My gut says that was quite a good race.

I'll crunch some numbers next week to see if they back up that impression.

its hosses used to running on -90 then facing running on nil thats the issue..the ground is perfect..but the contrast from heavy to good is immense..its the amount change in ground that is the issue

maybe hosses shouldn't be running on -90..conditioning themselves to that sort of cushion in first place

if you are used to running on extreme slow ground..anything near Good will seem like a road to your legs

in 2011 it was 0 Good ground and the Triumph was run 1 second faster than todays..the ground isn't fast or dangerous by any means today

Last edited:
It might be "perfect" from one perspective, but like it or not racing exists under the microscope of animal welfare, and the meeting and those involved in putting it on can't keep playing down six deaths in four days as "that's racing". They'll need to be seen to be doing something to mitigate the risk, a la Aintree.

its good ground with a bit of ease..what more can the clerk do really?..he could make it G/S obviously..maybe they should do as you say.........seeing as how horses are used to running on bogs..and even G/s will seem fast to many hosses running here...some of these have been running on -110..which makes soft feel like good ground

its all about contrast..and the difference between the extremes in NH racing is immense..far greater than flat racing

Last edited:
Yes, very disappointing. I'll have to watch the race again but Pauling said Barter's Hill hung under pressure which he would never normally do, loves a battle - suggesting that his lameness on Wednesday was it? played a part. Hopefully he'll be fine long term and be put away for the summer. The fact he got beat might mean he's a better price for the RSA than he would normally be.

Yes, very disappointing. I'll have to watch the race again but Pauling said Barter's Hill hung under pressure which he would never normally do, loves a battle - suggesting that his lameness on Wednesday was it? played a part. Hopefully he'll be fine long term and be put away for the summer. The fact he got beat might mean he's a better price for the RSA than he would normally be.

He said that it could of been a factor.

Also have to wonder if they have to be aggressive with him every time he races

I think the horse is a beast long term and feel not a million miles away from the way I did after the 2011 Supreme with Sprinter Sacre, meaning we won't see the best of him until his forte (hopefully) his jumping will come to the for. I'm hoping he'll be so good over fences that the inherent advantage he'll enjoy over his rivals will mean he won't need to be ridden with such aggression.

Back