Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

I don't think it was Barry's finest hour but neither do I think it made the difference to the result. Yorkhill was cruising like a winner the whole way round and idled all the way up the straight. Speed, stamina, class...he's the whole package.

I thought yorkhill was running out of puff close home - clearly they knew he was better than Min hence the rumours he was going to run in the supreme and Ruby was going to ride him.

I thought yorkhill was running out of puff close home - clearly they knew he was better than Min hence the rumours he was going to run in the supreme and Ruby was going to ride him.

Nah, watch his ears all the way up the straight. He had plenty left and was just dossing.

out of puff? good grief....you need to find yourself a TV, he was idling in front and fairly confident the best horse in the race came out on top

he's a long term Gold Cup type....Altior the Champion Hurdle horse to take out of the novices.

Yorkhill peed in from where i'm sitting..and he made mistakes

i'm glad he ran in this..i said on the chat on sunday i didn't think he were a 2 miler..he wouldn't have beaten altiior imo

still listening to owners + trainers + jocks Ardross?..thought this week might have a taught a few lessons

AOB july cup stuff...he's a great trainer..and pr merchant..Ruby great jock..and pr merchant:)

Last edited:
Yanworth's lad called it right, imo; his horse got outpaced in a sprint finish - and nothing BG could have done would have made any difference.

I read on Twitter (so it could be bollocks) that Willie thought they had more chance of getting Yanworth beat than Altior. Anyone confirm he said this?

yes...he definitely said

Ruby adamant on RUK this morning that he'd have beaten Yanworth whatever way the race was run so if we are placing importance on jockey comments......

I take it all back. He got Shaneshill & Black Hercules absolutely right.

Looking forward to the next FF podcast. Zabana unseated at the start & BH winning the wrong race.

Wrong thread!

Last edited:
ardy

how many wins do you think mullins would have had this week if...

(1) geraghty had ridden yanworth better
(2) smart talk had run to form
(3) vaniteux had stood up

every f**king time there's a grudging comment. did he spit in your soup?

limini to win at royal ascot this year (NAP)

Good lord. I'm not sure where to start with that. Probably best to begin by saying you need to go and watch The Arkle again.

Good lord. I'm not sure where to start with that. Probably best to begin by saying you need to go and watch The Arkle again.

I read it as a dig at Ardross, in that Jambo thinks Ardross thinks (you still with me?) that Mullins has only won those races by default rather than on the Mullins's horses own merits.

damn straight cruella...maybe it's just a coincidence but 1.01 in running every time that a mullins winner will be greeted with a comment from ardy that adds a caveat of some kind. the douvan one was from the top drawer but smart talk not far behind. how could anybody thinking that the running of another horse had an impact on either result? bombproof. i actually get a laugh from it and in fairness to ardy he seems to be a genuinely passionate racing fan just has a blind spot for one trainer IMO!

mullins camp didn't do themselves any favours on the vautour situation but they did say vroum and limini were the two good things this week and didnt really put anyone wrong there especially with regards to limini and it still only went off 8/11

anyway back to the novice hurdlers

surprised that ruby has gone for footpad over lets dance tomorrow. and he doesnt appear to have the usual good thing for the martin pipe race so jetstream jack from elliott should go nicely

Back