Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

Non event of a race yesterday. Presenting Percy will be brought along gradually and is the horse to follow from the race.

Winner has been worked hard by both Meade and his previous trainer with a view to selling on, not much left in the locker going forward.

Joshua Lane was some price yesterday with tongue tie applied.
At the lower end of the handicap but EP is bound to place him to best effect and if a horse can win around Galway, his head is certainly in the right place.

Good to see that this Senewalk does indeed exist

attachment.php

Attachments

• CuuDDCmWYAAYyY4.jpg
    CuuDDCmWYAAYyY4.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 116
Update on Capitaine from the Harry Derham blog

Working over four furlongs never asks too much of our string or really tells us much we don’t already know, but as the weeks go by Capitaine continues to make an impression and, perhaps more significantly, he keeps pleasing Andrew who partners him every day. The two of them galloped past me on Saturday, Andrew crouching into his Davy Russell inspired position with a smile on his face indicating Capitaine was probably going quite nicely. Good news then as he will be entered on Sunday in the Dominic Baker Memorial at Wincanton a race, as I’ve said before, we long to win every year for very obvious reasons.

Timeform have just issued the first update for 2016/17
https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/features/top-horses/timeforms_top_novices

Interesting to compare the rating and OR of the top 4.

144 Penhill 138
138p Let's Dance 135
136p Airlie Beach 140
136p Consul De Thaix 132

Age and sex allowances would come into play if they were in the same race but it seems that Timeform may be thinking that the 4yo form is quite good.

and Nicky enters both Jenkins (Kempton) and Claimantakinforgan (Ludlow) on Monday.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised by the latter as I half expected him to be kept to bumpers this season.

Most of the Mullins novices in the Punchestown race are also entered in the first at Cork on Sunday. The good ones are starting to come out and it's pleasing to see that Cadmium comes in that category. For stats lovers, Mullins has only won one of the last eleven runnings of the Punchestown race whereas he's won the last four at Cork.

Looking forward to seeing Capitaine again tomorrow. Just an inkling that he might be very good. Wouldn't surprise me if he's pulled if the rain continues though.

Senewalk declared for tomorrow and the teaboy's doing the Sporting Life forecasts...

[h=4]Betting forecast[/h]Ask Nile (7/2), Hidden Charmer (7/2), Moulin A Vent (7/2), Runfordave (11/2), Let's Twist Again (8/1), Youcannotbeserious (8/1), Twotensandalift (12/1), Castlehume (33/1), Clarks Forge (33/1), Monastic (33/1), Senewalk (33/1), Twilight Court (33/1), Anjou D'or (50/1), Art Of Supremacy (50/1), Get Up And Go (50/1), Half Moon Street (50/1), I Will Follow (50/1), Western Ruler (50/1), Caerleon Kate (66/1), Dazzling Sarah (66/1), Minella Till Dawn (66/1), Scripturient (66/1),

Intriguing that he's starting over 2m4 when he's heading the Supreme market.

It is a bit - they ran Douvan over same trip in a Punchestown Championship race but have tended to not go beyond 2m 2f with their Supreme types

They might feel he needs a bit of extra thinking time tomorrow

Shades of Altior at Kempton last year about Thomas Campbell there and he could be a lively outsider for something like the Neptune as he showed a nice attitude and look sure to appreciate a longer trip.

Back