Orfevre

Danedream ran to an RPR of 128 when she won, he's ran to that the last twice. Underestimate this animal at your peril, he's top class and the form backs it up as his Christmas Day win clearly shows. Hammered International Group One horses.

His ratings do look surprising high I'd agree, in the mid to high 120s. He doesn't do it for me though. I won't have him on my mind for the Arc, but I'll be keeping my eye on the ten who finished in front of him at Kyoto.;)

His ratings do look surprising high I'd agree, in the mid to high 120s. He doesn't do it for me though. I won't have him on my mind for the Arc, but I'll be keeping my eye on the ten who finished in front of him at Kyoto.;)

Easy to say that now isn't it?!

Worth mentioning another Japanese colt in Gold Ship who could progress in Japan towards a tilt at the Arc.

Stunning looking horse too:

GoldShip1Japanese2KGuineas2012KH298.jpg

Hitoshi Nakamura knows how to lay them out for the big day, eh?

Indeed, I tweeted yesterday that someone should tell them it's not a handicap. Clearly not his running but needs to rediscover his form asap, his classic year form was enough to win most Arcs.

Easy to say that now isn't it?!

True... although I also said it before. But hey who knows I may have underestimated him.

For what it's worth I agree with you about Beauty Parlour on the other thread, as I made a point of saying, but am not especially taken with this one. If I don't agree with you about everything don't take it personally.;)

Thank you for contacting us.

The traders has offer you ORFEVRE 25/1.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Kevin C
BETVICTOR Contact Centre

Thought it was worth resurrecting this thread just for the gem above.

Orfevre misses the Champion Stakes to go back home and likely to take in the Japan Cup and Arima Kinen.

No word on whether he stays in training as a five year old. Really hope he does, deserves the chance to revenge his mugging.

Not a huge inconvenience at Tokyo. Gentildonna might be more of a concern though.

Solemia's price is a laugh, goes to show how little respect she's got for that Arc win. She'll probably be 16s on the Tote out there. Be interesting how it pans out.

Will be a feed online (maybe Race Bets) and possibly on ATR.

If not, there is often live English audio on the JRA site and they usually post a replay pretty sharpish. Not sure I can be arsed to wake up for it unless certain I can watch it live.

Gentildonna definitely appeals though at 8s, fillies triple crown winner and best performance came at Tokyo over 1m4f. Also the horse she's been beating all year only just got touch off in an all aged fillies race (the one Snow Fairy won last year). Orfevre far too short for this given quirks, jockey, hard race LTO etc.

Last edited:
With Gold Ship out, Orfevre faces an easy task, if his head is ok he should win this race easily.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if it gets turned over here even with a **** draw.it has it's quirks though,even so I thought it would be shorter.

Back