Overdose

Nefertiti

At the Start
Does anyone have any news of Overdose - his progress following injury, his next race/races? I thought he was being aimed at the Abbaye, but he comes up in grey in my Ten To Follow list, which indicates a non-runner for the duration of the competition I think. This would indicate that he is not going to show up in Europe at all this season - what a pity.

I hope he's making good progress from his injury and that we'll have the chance to see him at something like his best next season.

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

well the latest official news is that he arrived in france for some rehabilitation (to recover from his hoove-injury etc., they have never been that clear about it!) and that the Abbaye is the main aim of the season. the nunthorpe have been mentioned, as has baden-baden again, but I personally doubt we will see him again. would love to be wrong though.

Thanks for that, Crazyhorse. It's all a bit of a muddle it seems - connections are keeping it pretty mysterious.

I wonder why Tote Ten To Follow have made him a "non-runner".

:confused::confused::confused:

... will apparently now been trained in Germany, as his trainer is re-locating to Berlin-Hoppegarten, a track owned by gerhard schöningh, of ennismore racing.

Great! Any word on how he is crazyhorse physically? Love to see him get a full sprint campaign in the up coming season.

Well, our friend who took the photos wouldnt know overdose from desert orchid, so no use in asking him. confusion as well as to how long he is acutally staying in hoppegarten, but if we go and I happen to see him, will report.

The time is nearly upon us folks...

Overdose is set to make his British debut at Haydock in the Temple Stakes on Saturday. I am in two minds as to whether the 5/2 offered by Coral is value or not, part of me thinks he'll absolutely demolish our very poor crop of sprinters as he is clearly a very quick horse (his smashing of Hoppegarten's course record shows this) but part of me thinks he's not the horse he was in 2008, has played up at the start of late and has legs made of glass.

I was going to go to York on Saturday but I'm half tempted to detour to Haydock just to see him.

Are you missing some smileys?!

:lol::lol:

Yeah because Markab would manage that. :p Knocking three seconds off any course record is no mean feat.

He's got trees to beat, there are no top class sprinters in the UK which is why he's favourite for this. A fresh on form Kingsgate Native could give him a run but the more I look through the race (which I have done since my last post) the more I think the 5/2 could be a bet, it's just that it's antepost and he might lose a leg between now and Saturday given his past record!

I could put you up on a donkey and you'd have a fair chance of breaking that course record! Nothing wrong with Markab.

Overdose got an RPR of 119 for that run. Markab has only ran greater than that once, over 6 furlongs.

Our sprinters are absolute gash, whether Overdose is better than them is open to debate and we will only find out on Saturday but at the prices, I'd rather bet him at 5/2 than anything else in the field.

well, of course he did not smash the track record in hoppegarten, but looked in really good nick (yes, I was there!) and ran a v good race. he did beat absolutly nothing of course, but seeing inxile beating captain dunne for a group race at longchamp tells me there is no decent sprinter in britain either and if the enters the starting stalls he must have a decent chance.

he still wears special plastic shoes on both front hooves btw.

The time is nearly upon us folks...

Overdose is set to make his British debut at Haydock in the Temple Stakes on Saturday. I am in two minds as to whether the 5/2 offered by Coral is value or not, part of me thinks he'll absolutely demolish our very poor crop of sprinters as he is clearly a very quick horse (his smashing of Hoppegarten's course record shows this) but part of me thinks he's not the horse he was in 2008, has played up at the start of late and has legs made of glass.

I was going to go to York on Saturday but I'm half tempted to detour to Haydock just to see him.

What is the nature of the sprint track at Hoppegarten Stan?..is it a flat track undulating etc?

which UK course or courses would it most resemble would you say?

it doesnt matter
the only question is if he is entering in the stalls, once the horse is running he will win by a wide margin.

I’ve no idea how good the form is in and around Hungary and Slovakia… but I suspect not up to much (...I saw a race in Istanbul, Turkey once).
It’ll be fun to see Overdose though. Beaten in a Group 2 in Germany...

It’ll be fun to see Overdose though. Beaten in a Group 2 in Germany...

And a 10l winner of a Group 3 in Italy from Abbaye eight/fifth Black Mambazo. Talk about being selective, dragging out the one defeat in his 16 races. If the Overdose of 2008 turns up, he'll win this comfortably, the doubt is whether he's as good since his foot problems.

the Overdose of that race in Italy would beat Black Caviar

if he is a stone worse he still beats this filed by 4l

And a 10l winner of a Group 3 in Italy from Abbaye eight/fifth Black Mambazo. Talk about being selective, dragging out the one defeat in his 16 races. If the Overdose of 2008 turns up, he'll win this comfortably, the doubt is whether he's as good since his foot problems.

How much would you back a horse to suddenly recover his form of 3 years back though?

How much would you back a horse to suddenly recover his form of 3 years back though?

Have to sit on the fence because I really don't have a strong view on the horse, but it has to be said that his runs since his absence can't be taken as evidence he's not still as good as he was. There is also an excuse for his only defeat where he was very unruly at the start.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he won easily. I'd rather back than lay at 5/2.

Fenella Rose may be something like a 75 horse by viewing her form here..she was beaten 9 length receiving 13lb..makes Overdose a 115 ish horse on that last run

add to that ease of victory and he looks better than most if not all of what we have

all he got to do is start imo..to win..thats the gamble..which is 50/50

basically get your bet ready and back him after half a furlong if he starts..looks best option

Like I say, I don't know the horse and don't know the value of the form, but I'm not at all convinced by this the "Budapest Bullet" should be favourite for the Temple. I would expect to see him winning Group 2 races in Germany if he was the sensation they say he is... perhaps he was unlucky, I don't know.

Still I'd be disappointed if there wasn't one or two to beat him at Haydock.

Like I say, I don't know the horse and don't know the value of the form, but I'm not at all convinced by this the "Budapest Bullet" should be favourite for the Temple. I would expect to see him winning Group 2 races in Germany if he was the sensation they say he is... perhaps he was unlucky, I don't know.

Still I'd be disappointed if there wasn't one or two to beat him at Haydock.

looking at a 120+ sprinter to beat him Steve ..if he starts running like:)

Back