Overdose

Really? The opposition will surely be similar to the field a half fit Delegator pasted last week.

I suppose the more obvious ones aren't in great form, but there must be something to give him a race... I may be forced to look at the card.;)

...Okay I’ve got Sole Power (who beat Starspangled Banner in the Nunthorpe) and Tangerine Trees from the Palace House. They are both about fit for purpose surely? Then there’s our old mate Kingsgate Native who won this last year and despite not winning since is a 120+ horse who can surely put up a spirited defence of his crown from a Slovakian/German upstart. Not much wrong with Markab (apart that is from his latest run at York, I'll give you that), another 120 horse and Group 1 winner. New Planet and Stone Of Folca are interesting 3yos, a fair bit to find it’s true, but they are both improving.

One or two of these can surely do for the Bullet. Perhaps like Dick Turpin in the Lockinge he won't be placed! ;-)

Can Sole Power really be 12/1!

Last edited:
...Okay I’ve got Sole Power (who beat Starspangled Banner in the Nunthorpe) and Tangerine Trees from the Palace House. They are both about fit for purpose surely? Then there’s our old mate Kingsgate Native who won this last year and despite not winning since is a 120+ horse who can surely put up a spirited defence of his crown from a Slovakian/German upstart. Not much wrong with Markab (apart that is from his latest run at York, I'll give you that), another 120 horse and Group 1 winner. New Planet and Stone Of Folca are interesting 3yos, a fair bit to find it’s true, but they are both improving.

One or two of these can surely do for the Bullet.
Can Sole Power really be 12/1!

they very much of a muchness Steve:)

i think its going to be a real treat for us watching this horse

they very much of a muchness Steve:)

Much of a muchness maybe, but perhaps much of a muchness in finishing order ahead of the Bullet. You have solid Group 1 sprinters here against something that once won in Hungary. I can't believe we're showing the white flag already!!!

Surely the Bullet is beat... should be fun though.:)

Overdose is most unlucky not to have an Abbaye to his name. The horse of a few years ago would deserve to be evens for Saturday's race. His comeback race was encouraging and I would love to see him win, but there is a doubt about how good he can be since his serious foot problems. I'll be a spectator, cheering him on, rather than a backer.

Overdose is most unlucky not to have an Abbaye to his name. The horse of a few years ago would deserve to be evens for Saturday's race. His comeback race was encouraging and I would love to see him win, but there is a doubt about how good he can be since his serious foot problems. I'll be a spectator, cheering him on, rather than a backer.

Maybe he was unlucky... but "unlucky" may not be enough to cut it here.

Have to sit on the fence because I really don't have a strong view on the horse, but it has to be said that his runs since his absence can't be taken as evidence he's not still as good as he was. There is also an excuse for his only defeat where he was very unruly at the start.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he won easily. I'd rather back than lay at 5/2.

Agree wholeheartedly, the main reason for backing him is that I don't know what will be able to take him on for the lead, he has such sensational pace.

I've googled Hoppegarten where Overdose ran his course record in 57.10..the track looks pretty flat to me..not any different to a track like York over 5f...where the track record is 56.16 held by Dayjur

thats a pretty swift time on a flat track..and won easily..less than a second behind Dayjur would win most sprints here

Sorry EC, been out all day and didn't see your original post.

There's a video of the race here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jvEB2eS7W8

Looks flat, if a little undulating in the early part of the 5f course.

thanks..i'll have a look

to be fair if it is a bit undulating then its more worthy as it breaks stride pattern a bit

i'm getting very interested in this race on Saturday..if he starts at 5/2 and actually leaves the stalls..i'm going to have to wade in on him..there is nothing we have that could run that quick..imo

i'm getting very interested in this race on Saturday..if he starts at 5/2 and actually leaves the stalls..i'm going to have to wade in on him..there is nothing we have that could run that quick..imo

I think if he's in the lead after 50 yards, he'll be odds on in-running.

thats impressive - whats more impressive is that it looks like the ground was watered with it kicking off like that..and he still ran that sort of time

he is different gravy for sure..imo anyway

I'm not bullish by any means but our sprinters are so weak, it's easy to tempt yourself into a bet. I would be amazed if he started bigger than 2/1 on Saturday so on that basis alone, the 5/2 should really be taken.

The only horse I can see even giving him a race is Kingsgate Native and he's prone to throwing the odd shitter in. I just wouldn't know what other angles to play in the race, Tangerine Trees is on an upward curve and you could see him running a place but if I was forced into a bet at this stage, it would be on the Hungarian animal given the prices as I think you're most likely to be ahead of the market at 5/2.

i would have said exactly the opposite..the main edge punters have laying him is that he won't start..once running his price will represent his chance

I have to admire everyone's confidence... seems I could well have this one wrong... but I couldn't back him with stolen money.:thumbsdown:

Normally I'd agree but if he gets on the speed, I can't see anything living with him and he stays 6 furlongs easily so I don't know what will pick him up.

I'd back him at 4/6 if he has a soft lead after a furlong and I'd be amazed if I got 4/6.

I have to admire everyone's confidence... seems I could well have this one wrong... but I couldn't back him with stolen money.:thumbsdown:

what would put you off mainly Steve? - that last run is pretty good on paper..in fact red hot looking at the time it was run in..and visually not much different to his other wins

do you think he is going to bomb out..or not be good enough?

Back