Overdose

With regard to Gamla Stan's post about 'preciousness' above.

I think the problem lies at times with the language that posters some time use. We are a fairly small community and we really can't afford to drive posters away by disrespecting other posters opinion.

The use of the word "laughable", and I'm not pointing the finger at any particular poster here, and the emoticon :lol: in response to a post is at least 'disrespectful.

Pull the opinion apart, point out the errors in the opinion (in one's opinion) but don't just rubbish it, PLEASE.

A fair point but it does vary from poster to poster, I know I can tell Hamm and Euro they're talking bollocks and they won't be offended and the same applies vice versa.

This has always been a forum where opinions are pulled apart and there's always been a fine line between that and rubbishing it. I don't think any of the dialogue between suny and GA is any worse than the debate between myself and Hamm on previous pages.

Warbler left because he didn't think there was enough analysis on here (nobody had time to post replies as long as his!!) and he now is basically the star attraction on another forum (rightly so, he's a very good analyst) and I think he probably likes that to be honest. I feel the forum is slowly dying anyway with some of the big hitters on here now plying their trade on Twitter instead of here rather than as well as.

Last edited:
I feel the forum is slowly dying anyway with some of the big hitters on here now plying their trade on Twitter instead of here rather than as well as.

I'm on twitter but it seems hard work unless you have a lot of followers. Is it not a medium for shouting rather than actually debating?

Twitter is ridiculous imho.

People need to get away from living online - Twitter is taking things to an extreme example. I watched the FA cup final with a friend last week. Whilst I watched the game, he mostly followed it on twitter. I found that quite sad.

As my great friend Alex Ferguson says,
"I don't understand it, to be honest with you. I don't know why anybody can be bothered with that kind of stuff. How do you find the time to do that? There are a million things you can do in your life without that. Get yourself down to the library and read a book. Seriously. It is a waste of time. It seems to have a certain momentum at the moment. Everyone seems to want to do it."

Worse again, it seems to be full of people who can't (or refuse to) spell properly. It's a sad phenomen, imho.

[FONT=&quot]I was interested in the comments made by Overdose’s rider yesterday. He said they broke well but they went “too fast” for him and that the opposition were “too strong”. He also said that Overdose “wants” soft going (due to his high knee action), otherwise he’s likely to struggle in top company. He gave the impression that he didn’t think he ever had a favourite’s chance.[/FONT]

It looked to me like Overdose was not enjoying the ground at all yesterday. I'd give him another chance with an ease in the ground and maybe Longchamp in the Autumn is where he will be best suited. They should not bother with him until the ground eases. I was also surprised he didn't sweat up yest.

Someone like DO is a great loss..as was Warbler..some here think that posters aren't important..oh another one will come along soon etc..but folk like Warbler and DO are few and far between on forums..i been posting and reading forums since about 2001..i know what makes a good board..good posters.

Two excellentand knowledgeable contributers.

Back