Overdose

I am sorry if I sounded so rude, but unfortunately, but my point is Black Caviar would not be beaten by Overdose.

Read the sectionals of Black Caviar, they are extraordinary. Especially from the TJ Smith Stakes when she came from 6 to 8 lengths on the bend, to home past another world class star in Hay List by 3 lengths. She should not have won that day.

Comparing a horse that wins a race in Rome, to a world champion, who has sectionals that are literally out of this world, is as I said ludicrous.

I am not defending her because she is Australian. To be perfectly honest she is not my favourite horse at all. Actually far from it, but I respect a champion. I am defending a horse that has 6 consecutive Group 1 races to her name, a horse that is UNDEFEATED in 13 starts, a horse that has numbers and sectionals which are phenomenal, a horse that is considered by many a judge world wide as the best to have raced at that distance all time, and the horse that is the highest rated sprinter of all time. That still remains to be seen, but if she wins in Hong Kong and beats another super star in Rocket Man, then yes she quite possibly will be.

Suny, it'd be no different in me saying that based on sectionals, and from his 1998 Cox Plate performance, Might And Power (who was one of the highest rated horses in the 90's) would easily beat Sea The Stars on common mutual territory. You and I both know how silly that is. There is no way Might And Power could or would beat Sea The Stars. He'd lead and see nothing but a nice rump and tail.

I rate Black Caviar very high, but so far she has not posted a 140 nce, I want to see her in England next season and lets hope she is able to prove.

At the moment she is superior to Hay List and looks top class but I have to see her here or in Hong Kong against an interanitonal field.

About Overdose
not so sexy profile and not so spectacular to see sprinters on softer ground but just imagine what could have been this horse trained in a better centres, treated by a better vets and better facililties.

About Sea The Stars
great horse but there can appear a horse in Germany or Italy able to beat him, Ribot was italian and won 2 Arcs.

Absolute lunatics, I'm all for concessions to get the punters in when sponsoring and all but you can lay 4.1 on Betfair anyway.

7/2 is massive, I'm going in again! :lol:

The risk today that the horse is not as good as before. I have therefore taken a good price on Tangerine Trees ew. Two definite front runners at least. TT owes me nowt and could deliver another decent pickup but I would also appreciate seeing Overdose in tp form. Probably do the RFc.

The main risk imo is that he has not won on really fast ground..has never won it..or run on it...at Haydock thats not normally a problem as they usually over water anyway..it must have been pretty quick in the Abbaye that day though

unfortunatley there won't be track speed clues on the straight track alone before the Temple

[FONT=&quot]Overdose gets beat today (he's got a bit to find on the ratings even if he were at his best). Those of you backing each way (and why wouldn’t you?), note that plenty are going quarter of the odds rather than a fifth and many are offering price guarantee.

I’m on Sole Power at 12/1 with a price guarantee if he goes bigger.[/FONT]

Last edited:
The main risk imo is that he has not won on really fast ground..has never won it..or run on it...at Haydock thats not normally a problem as they usually over water anyway..it must have been pretty quick in the Abbaye that day though

unfortunatley there won't be track speed clues on the straight track alone before the Temple
To be fair since the new sprint course has been put in it has been riding a lot faster than the round course - that said the 2yo race on Thursday (only race on the sprint track) was slow and I've not had a chance to rate yesterdays races yet.

Are they racing on the sprint course today or on the main straight does anyone know?

Last edited:
The risk today that the horse is not as good as before. I have therefore taken a good price on Tangerine Trees ew. Two definite front runners at least. TT owes me nowt and could deliver another decent pickup but I would also appreciate seeing Overdose in tp form. Probably do the RFc.

Do you really see him as good enough or are you backing him for sentimental reasons?

[FONT=&quot]Overdose gets beat today (he's got a bit to find on the ratings even if he were at his best). Those of you backing each way (and why wouldn’t you?), note that plenty are going quarter of the odds rather than a fifth and many are offering price guarantee.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m on Sole Power at 12/1 with a price guarantee if he goes bigger.[/FONT]

I can't see past Sole Power or Kingsgate Native.

That's my last bet in a Group sprint. Utter fucking bilge.

I don't see it. The horses (that were unpenalised) with the most recent Group 1 form were first and second - the winner was always likely to come on from the last day, and the Stoute horse won this last year and was likely to be best fresh. These were comfortably the 2 obvious ones for me on form.

Last edited:
It was a terrible Nunthorpe and the form of last year's Temple was shite. I'm just not getting involved again - I ignored the division all last year and just felt Overdose might have that bit of star quality that was missing.

Coming to you on a dusty road
Good loving, I got a truck load
And when you get it, you got something
Don't worry, 'cause I'm coming

I'm a Sole man, I'm a Sole man... dub a dub a dub a dub
I'm a Sole man, I'm a Sole man... dub a dub dub

Yeee Haaa!!!!!!!!!

Fair point, Hamm. I've won a large amount on Tangerine Trees and today I had less than 0.5% ew. Yeas, sentiment and hope played a part.

Fair point, Hamm. I've won a large amount on Tangerine Trees and today I had less than 0.5% ew. Yeas, sentiment and hope played a part.

It was more a question not an accusation! Just wondered whether you saw the horse continuing to improve or last day was it's day..

Back