Paddy Power Gold Cup 15th Nov

Double Handful

At the Start
Appreciate a Grade 3 is not one to get overly excited about a month out, but Paddy Power and BET365 have prices up.
There has been so much talk of Djakadam on here I thought I'd post it up.
Djakadam is 4th in the betting at 10/1 on first show.

Taquin Du Seuil 7/1
Oscar Whiskey 7/1
Simonsig 8/1
Djakadam 10/1
Uxizandre 10/1
Wonderful Charm 12/1

Simonsig apparently going to Huntingdon for Peterborough.....has to be doubtful for this, if true.

There are a good few from last year's JLT entered in that race at Newton Abbot tomorrow. Be interesting to see who actually runs.
Uxizandre, Wonderful charm and Double Ross also entered.

Appreciate a Grade 3 is not one to get overly excited about a month out,

But it's always a really telling race. I reckon for the time of year, people are entitled to get excited about it even if it's really just the aperitif for the banquet that lies ahead.

I remember after Sizing Europe won the Greatwood drying out a bundle of notes next to a stove somewhere outside Cheltenham.Apart from that I think it's a fairly horrible meeting for me as a punter.

I remember after Sizing Europe won the Greatwood drying out a bundle of notes next to a stove somewhere outside Cheltenham.Apart from that I think it's a fairly horrible meeting for me as a punter.

Agreed Perp......though the quality of the representation is a little puzzling, given that a decent outing here might ruin a mark for the PPGC.

Uxizandre not dec'd, it seems.

Last edited:
Apologies - yes mixed up my JP horses

It's not a punting race for me, but McCoy on Colour Squadron maybe the clue

Was just thinking that myself Perp.... Colour Squadron has no weight on his back either! In receipt of 16lbs from TDS, BT & WC and 12lbs from DR

Well in for sure and AP rides. JP has allowed him to ride TDS when he could have claimed the champ before so may be fair to assume he's chosen CS. But a bit of a dodge pot and the current 6/4 looks short enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad fall for AP in the last yesterday so not riding today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea when they make entries for this?

i have my eye on one (will need to be off the right mark too).

Well, the 'one' I had my eye on was Buywise.........who has been cut to around 10/1 for the race, after winning a novice hurdle earlier today.

Think plenty will have had their eye on him. Clearly needs to sort his jumping but no doubt of his ability. Could certainly bag a nice race.

Has that kind of profile, Frankel - agreed.

Were they looking when he was 18.0 though? :cool:

Last edited:
No doubt the shrewdies would have been making sure they got a look at the first showing of betting.
April convinced me he could run a big race in this if putting in a good round.

18s nice :cool:

Trainer saying Buywise facing fitness battle. Is contemplating running him again before Paddy Power.

Back