Paddy Power Gold Cup 15th Nov

Did STD pick up any bans yesterday?
Haven't seen any replays but on first view I would suggest that he got stuck into the winner of this race and even more so on Sam winner yesterday?

I had a dice-roller on Balleycasey at three-figure odds a week or so ago - pretty-much convinced he'd go to the Durkan - but he did get the entry, and he's now 24 to Back (last price laid 44).

Anyone know if Mullins plans on sending him over?

Ballycasey entered in the Amlin chase at Ascot on Saturday.
With Faugheen entered on same card, maybe a better chance of him lining up here...

Unlikely to be any fancy-dan prices though, DH. Always a good race though, and he'd definitely add some further interest.

Me too. Wishful is a basket-case and Al Ferof possibly on the downgrade.

I think I'm right in saying most if not all Wishfull's bad runs have been right handed so wouldn't touch him at Ascot. He'll prob go and bolt up now with the Hobbs team in this form

I think I'm right in saying most if not all Wishfull's bad runs have been right handed so wouldn't touch him at Ascot. He'll prob go and bolt up now with the Hobbs team in this form
I think it's more to do with most of his recent right-handed runs being over 2 miles. He's won over relatively tight RH tracks like Wincanton and Hereford and arguably his career best was at Punchestown. As Grassy hints, it's probably more to do with how he feels on the day but both his OR and RPR make him a worthy favourite with the stable going so well.

I think it's more to do with most of his recent right-handed runs being over 2 miles. He's won over relatively tight RH tracks like Wincanton and Hereford and arguably his career best was at Punchestown. As Grassy hints, it's probably more to do with how he feels on the day but both his OR and RPR make him a worthy favourite with the stable going so well.

Indeed, his form over fences at 2.5m reads 11. At Wincanton and Punchestown, albeit both in his novice year. Hasn't run RH over further than 2m since that last Punchestown win, unless you want to include the 2m1f of the Victor Chandler nearly 3 years ago when he ran abysmally.

Should be clear favourite for the Amlin if based on recent form IMO and Menorah should be shorter on the same basis in the Betfair.

Back