Paddy Power Gold Cup 15th Nov

Other than Buywise, the other 2 that were of interest are both still in also. Granted Nicholls runner won't want any rain.
The other is the V.Williams KDC.

Might be prepared to forgive Uxizandre his run at Aintree. He looks a classy type in a rather uninspiring renewal

It's amazing how these 'thinkers' tend to have fewer thinking problems the more valuable the race is.

There's perhaps a degree of truth in that, DO.....though this one has gone close enough in good races previously......could just be that he's an abject coward! :)

Last edited:
I hear connections are having second thoughts about running Rajdhani Express, looks like he won't make the race.

Last edited:
Spent a good deal of this evening watching videos and I've come round to liking Colour Squadron for the race. There's an element of recentcy bias about his odds (his last run was actually very good given his preference for big fields/fast pace events) and take Ballynagour out of the Byrne Group and he's a solid winner of that race off only 6lbs more now. 17 on the machine seems fair.

Think I will need to revisit the racecard today, the overnight rain was biblical, I doubt there will be any good in the going description.

More forecast before the weekend, too.
We know Grassy's horse will act on heavy, and bad ground ought to be a bonus, as it might just slow the others down enough to ameliorate his jumping frailties.

Back