Paddy Power's "Big Brother" Betting

Ok, (and I know you know this before I even say it) but no matter what the circumstances are surrounding the Kenzie scenario, it cannot be argued that both Maxwell and Science's prices came tumbling down in the 24 hour period prior to the nominations being announced.

Strange (28/1 down to 6/4 is strange in my view) betting patterns have once again appeared on the day of nominations (of which it has been a very unique day in the house to say the least) and Vanessa's price is at the heart of it all.

The bottom line is when the nominations are made (and the Big Brother production team are made aware of who is up for eviction), they are free to place bets accordingly when they already know the result.

To me, that is extremely unfair and I'm not even mentioning the idea of a conspiracy. There's no conspiracy involved. It's just blatantly wrong.

I don't see why not.

The Racing Post this week advised punters not to go anywhere near the eviction betting as it was full of insider trading.

It is fairly obvious that there is cheating going on and something should be done about it, even if it is only someone on the inside knowing a certain person will face the public vote and puts themself in a position to back at huge odds and lay off the next day at odds on. It's very unfair.

(It would be perfectly acceptable, however, if I was in receipt of such valuable information)

The major plunge on Vanessa cam to nothing as the normal 7th eviction market was void following the surprise eviction strategy by Big Brother this week. All stakes on this market were refunded.

However, Betfair opened a new market and Vanessa was made favourite and she went.

So, will you now accept that the "major plunge" came from those who follow the various Big Brother polls on websites devoted to the show, as all other plunges to do with tghis programme have in the past? "Insiders" would have known that there was going to be a change in the eviction system because they are, er, inside.

When I say an insider is getting involved in the betting, I don't mean it is Davina McColl.

However, there is no doubt that information is leaked to the extent that money goes the right way.

Well, it's the eve of the weekly Christmas for the Big Brother insiders.

Wonder who's getting backed off the boards once the nominations are given tomorrow.

Back