Paddy Power's "Big Brother" Betting

Could be a surprise this evening, the eviction show has been extended by 25 minutes

rumour is possibly after the first eviction is announced that the phone lines will open for a second person to be evicted (only a rumour of course!)

No my guess is endemol have got a golden egg and are extending call time. They havent announced who's to leave on the 9.30 bit, so even with the extended time they would be really pushed to do two in an hour.

This week's nominations were given today by the housemates. The ones who are up for eviction will be announced tomorrow on C4.

This means that a load of people on the inside know already who is up.

On that basis alone, isn't that enough reason for the eviction market to be suspended until the announcement is made?

So she mentionned in an earlier thread!

Hasn't the atmosphere improved in the house now Saskia has gone. they are all getting on so much better - in some cases so, so much better!

Hmm lots of sniping and blaming going on. Drunk or not I reckon people should take responsibility for thier own actions. Although in Makosis case it would be the third person, so she really wasnt there. :D

Maxwell and Science are up for eviction this week and both saw their odds come crashing down before it was announced.

Science is around 2/9 on Betfair.

The ones on the inside must have made a fortune on this one.

Utterly disgusting! (Just because I wasn't in on it)

apparently this is the way the votes were cast

Anthony - Derek & Science
Craig - Kemal & Science
Derek - Maxwell & Anthony
Eugene - Anthony & Maxwell
Kemal - Anthony & Maxwell
Makosi - Orlaith & Maxwell
Maxwell - Kemal & Science
Orlaith - Eugene & Maxwell
Science - Maxwell & Craig
Vanessa - Science & Eugene

And as soon as Vanessa left the diary room having made her nominations, the Big Brother production were all on Betfair laying Craig (favourite @ 2.5) for every little penny they could no doubt.

It's an outrage of the highest order and almost criminal.

look.jpg

knockers.jpg

booze.jpg

Pics above are hilarious :lol:

Today sees the Big Brother production team pay their weekly visit to the free money counter that only they are invited to.

The nominations for this week's eviction are due for today and as a result the behind-the-scenes people will know who's up for eviction for 24 hours before it is announced live to the housemates.

In that 24 hours the prices on those nominated will be shortened due to the weight of money being placed on them.

Last week, Maxwell and Science were available at 5.8 and 6.4 respectively, Craig was favourite at 2.1 to be evicted. On Monday around teatime, Science's price came crashing down to 1/5, Maxwell's price to around 3.5, Craig's out to around 250.

The announcement was made the next day and both Science and Maxwell were told they would face the public vote.

On the run up to the actual eviction, Science's price lengthened no doubt due to the fact those who had access to the votes knew it was a very close thing and at one point Maxwell ended up favourite around 1.75 before going back to around 2.2, Science resting around 1.8.

Maxwell was evicted and those who had backed both Science and Maxwell on Monday celebrated having backed them both at 5.4 and 6.8 respectively.

It's akin to knowing the result of a horse race 24 hours before it is announced and backing the winner of the race at 40/1.

It's an absolute scandal and Betfair should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to continue. They used to have two markets - one for who would be nominated and one for who would be evicted - once the nominations were due to be given, both markets would be suspended and the eviction one re-opened when the evictees were known.

God knows why they allow the market to remain open when the result is already known to certain people.

I agree - and God only knows why some bookmakers actually take bets on eviction markets! For the past couple of years it has been blatantly obvious that there are several people (presumably people who are behind the scenes at BB) who know the eviction results before they happen.

What's the situation like with VC? Do you see much activity on BB betting? Does VC even bet on it?

Not the eviction markets, no - not for a couple of years now. Just the outrights, top male/female & gender of winner (the last 3 were available pre-first show only).

To be honest, all you tend to see is arbing money or money if you are out of line with the market, either that or someone who knows the score already!

I don't know what goes on these days and it sounds as if they may have changed the system but in the past - and I learnt this from terry (where has he gone?) - it was easy to see how the public votes were going to go without any "insider knowledge" at all. They would replicate what was happening on the various Big Brother websites, wher the contributors were fully representative of those who were going to vote!

Who do those who are watching this want to win then? Not who do you think will win, who do you want to win. I want Eugene to win, largely because he is the only one who is a genuinely nice person. Every one of the rest of them is selfish, manipulative, nasty or a combination of the three. One of them is all three at the one time (Makosi - a woman who'd boil your bunny because she thought you might have done something based on what the "voices" in her head are saying :angy: ).

VOTE EUGENE TO WIN! :D

I honestly couldn't tell you Simmo - I watched it about 3/4 times at the beginning & haven't seen a second of it since the 'hospital' task!

Massive move for Vanessa today as her eviction odds have tumbled all the way down to 15/8.

Conspiracy theorists, please explein the massive market move in Celebrity Big Brother when Kenzie, whom I ws on to win at 10/1, was backed down in the final twenty-four hours 1/8. Forums everywhere were saying "They know who has won".

Yeah, right...

He wasn't 10/1 with 24 hours to go though, he was always a hot favourite from halfway onwards.

These betting patterns I am referring to are different because they are massive plunges in a short space of time and have been proving accurate.

I'm not saying it is fixed by any means, but I do believe people are getting information on who is likely to be up for eviction and betting accordingly.

Vanessa is now 11/8.

Er, I know he wasn't. He was 6/1 an hour after I took the 10/1 I think. But at the end he did go from 4/6 to 1/8 in about two hours and that was when people, including some on here, were saying "they know the result!"

Back