Peddlers Cross

On The Bridle

At the Start
The immortal is being sent over fences with the Arkle as his main target!! I love this fella and will be building up a nice ante-post position on him beginning with the profit from Grey's bumper winner today at 7/1. He has all the credentials to go to the very top over fences. 7/1 could look huge after his first chase.

7/1 seems a more than fair price to me, it gives you scope to take out a little insurance at big prices in case he switched to the Ryanair and still leave you with a worthwhile price. It may just be that things might happen a little quick for him over 2 miles in top company, even if it means taking on better opposition it might end up they have to step up the extra half mile.

Last edited:
He'll be too slow for 2 miles over fences for me (hard to say about a CH runner up, I know). Sprinter Sacre is all over the bet for the Arkle for me, was always going to be much better as a chaser.

He'll be too slow for 2 miles over fences for me (hard to say about a CH runner up, I know). Sprinter Sacre is all over the bet for the Arkle for me, was always going to be much better as a chaser.

How did I know you would be against him!!:lol::lol:

Ah a debate worth getting involved in again.

Is Punjabi coming back into training?

Thousand Stars not quite good enough against the best over hurdles. He should be sent novice chasing

Peddlers Cross is a machine

As I have mentioned him as a possible Arkle winner he has drifted to 8/1. The Cheltenian double for the Supreme pays 100/1. Now that would be a decent start to the festival!!!:ninja:

did you see him that day??

There are many horses who do not transfer their hurdling ability to fences, even more who do not transfer their flat ability to hurdling. Its likely Peddlers Cross will make a good transition given his pedigree etc but I wouldnt back anything ante post without seeing them running in their new discpline.

That's interesting too - but I will wait and see, as Will has wisely advocated.

Last edited:
What a disturbing thread. The Supreme and the Arkle are two of the hardest races to work out this early. For the whole of last year Captain Chris was written off for the Arkle and Al Ferof turned around bumper for with Cue Card. Why would you get involved at 7 and 12/1 at this stage?

I need to dust down my jumps formbook just so I can be argumentative for the sake of it.

Colin Tizzard says that he has strengthened up considerably over the summer but we won't see him until the ground changes.

Colin Tizzard says that he has strengthened up considerably over the summer but we won't see him until the ground changes.

It's good news he's strengthened up, he was sometimes weak in a finish, but why won't we see him on summer ground?

Can't Colin can't take the falls any more?

Back