Peeping Fawn Retired

Problem in Ireland will be though that the Coolmore-ones who would suit on pedigree (as in representing a proper outcross) are not exactly the most commerical ones.

I would go for One Cool Cat :)

Surely the best option rather than risk a very very very late foal would be to cover her to SH time and race the horse down under?

To be honest, I never expected her to race again this season given the connections with their fillies/mares.

Problem in Ireland will be though that the Coolmore-ones who would suit on pedigree (as in representing a proper outcross) are not exactly the most commerical ones.

I would go for One Cool Cat :)

Yes, there is very little suitable for her standing at Coolmore Ireland.

As for One Cool Cat, the offspring would be 4X4X4X4 to Northern Dancer, not a good idea.

Ouija Board was sent to Monsun this year iirc - would be great if Coolmore would think outside the box! ie beyond their own... I wonder btw how much of a problem this inbreeding is going to be in the coming years with the top fillies they will be retiring?

Monsun would be an excellent choice.

And it's true that although Coolmore's racing arm is doing fantastically well, and will no doubt do so for a few years to come, the seeds of an eventual decline are already present in their stallion roster. It's all Danehill, Sadler's Wells and Northern Dancer, virtually nothing outside that trio.

There seems to an unhealthy obsession on this forum with tripling or quadrupling up on Northern Dancer in the first four generations!

Well their two Group 1 winning fillies so far this year won't present any problem, so I'd guess that they've already seen that coming.

I wouldn't be shocked to see her go to Kingmambo. They sent her mum their with success and another former Ballydoyle filly called Sequoyah has produced a half-decent one by him...

I think the standoff between Godolphin and Coolmore is having a detrimental effect on TB breeding - for example I'd love to see a mare like Peeping Fawn go to a tough stallion a little outside the usual bloodlines eg Invasor [he has ND as ggs but only once]. No chance!

I think the standoff between Godolphin and Coolmore is having a detrimental effect on TB breeding - for example I'd love to see a mare like Peeping Fawn go to a tough stallion a little outside the usual bloodlines eg Invasor [he has ND as ggs but only once]. No chance!

Coolmore never used Darley stallions, its just their policy to generally use their own. They have branched out a bit in the last few years, Kingmambo (Henry), Dalakhani (Moonstone), Pivotal (Halfway To Heaven & Excellent Art).

Ven I know what your saying, I am not suggesting its the ideal breeding but it is, in my opinion, by far the most likely.

Would they send her to Haradasun? Will he be standing only in the Southern Hemisphere?

Please don't all laugh at once!

The more I think about it the more certain I am it with be Henry or Giant's Causeway, with Henry as the slight favourite.

Would they risk her to a maiden stallion though Gal ?

If anything being she was a 10 - 12f filly, it makes sense to go for a miler.

One Cool Cat is not a good enough stallion prospect for her. Could easily seem him shipped off somewhere after a couple of seasons ala Fasliyev.

It would not surprise me to see them stand Henrythenavigator (even if he does not win in America) in Ashford and promote him as the alternative to his sire Kingmambo who covers very small books. Coolmore has supported Kingmambo alot in recent seasons but I would imagine all those mares will be going to Henrythenavigator from here on in.

One Cool Cat is not a good enough stallion prospect for her. Could easily seem him shipped off somewhere after a couple of seasons ala Fasliyev.

It would not surprise me to see them stand Henrythenavigator (even if he does not win in America) in Ashford and promote him as the alternative to his sire Kingmambo who covers very small books. Coolmore has supported Kingmambo alot in recent seasons but I would imagine all those mares will be going to Henrythenavigator from here on in.

Must admit I love One Cool Cats, all his juveniles I've seen are nice. I hope they share your feelings and reduce his fee and downgrade him, as I would have two mares well on there way to see him.

Will one of you please explain why on earth it's a good idea to have 3 or 4 lines of Northern Dancer in the first 4 generations?

Have you gone mad, or are you all in the meat pie business?

Back