Pierse Hurdle

In the Pierse I like Barker alot...the ground is a worry. Two outsiders for a place include Maralan (who will love the track and ground) and Power Elite who has temperment issues but I liked his come back run the last day.

Well, I've followed up my mouth by taking 14/1 Lenrey (thought it would be longer, mind) and followed the market with the fav at 11/2.

According to RPRs, he's 12lbs better than his handicap mark based on his most recent run which had all the hallmarks of reconnaissance mission. He's probably a good few punds better than the bare form and there seems to be plenty of support for him.

I'll probably add Island Life to complete my interests. He hit 130 (off 117 today) as a juvenile on RPRs just over a year ago and looks to have been put away for this. 3yos are entitled to improve a good 10lbs in that time and Meade is just the man to train it for this. Being by Turtle Island, the ground should be no problem for the horse.

Deutchland for me... I just took 14-1 about it on the nose this ex M Jarvis horse can only improve having won over C-D and just look who owns it????? it must be a LUCKIE day for me too ........... :D

I think it was a great ride by Timmy Murphy.

If Brakr would have been trained by Mullins and ridden by Ruby he would have been a 3/1 fav today.

Thanks, I had a small bet on Barker after looking at this thread.

Hard luck, Bar, fluffing the last didn't help your horse and Timmy Murphy said afterwards he thought at one point your fella had it in the bag.

A little...when he went clear I thought the jockey had stolen the race off the bend (much like Carberry did sucessfully in a later race) and had he held on to him longer Barker's stamina would have won it even easier for him.

Not surpised though your looking for an angle as to why he got beat. Great call, thought you had it off the bend.

Well done to those on the winner............me!!! another 3 cock and hens to BETFRED... :P
I cant pick my nose of late ..... will have to sit back and look at what I am betting...or will end up in the workhouse..............skint............ :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jan 13 2008, 08:11 PM
Would I be talking through my pocket if I complained about young Flanaghan?
No.

He thought he had it won and played it safe at the last. If he'd kicked him into it he would have held on.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jan 13 2008, 02:44 PM
I was on at 66/1. I genuinely thought I had a massive pay out.

I will need to look at the race again, but my first thoughts were that I was a little unlucky.
Any idea how low he went in running-at a guess 1.22.

Back