Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

You're clutching at straws. It was Intello's first run at the distance and Kizuna was hardly a non stayer.

I'm still bitter Intello didn't run in the Champion Stakes even though it turns out it's doubtful he'd have won anyway.

In my figures orfevre run a stone below form in the arc

Intello is a non stayer
Pengalai pavilium held the form
Treve is very good but overrated

Orfevre is the ese i have seen with the exception frankel

He was below his best in both Arcs. In 2012 he went too soon in bog like ground and this year he'd only had one run after being ill. Stands to reason the condition he was in spring/early summer time it would take more than one run to get him right.

Last edited:
Steve, it sounds very suspiciously to me that you're falling for the old wfa crap...

...Why "crap". The proof of the pudding...

"The 3yo filly Treve gets a filly’s allowance on top, so she will have to shoulder just 8st 8lb, meaning that Orfevre will have to be 11lb better than her to match her and better than that to beat her. If he really is a stone better than her he has a chance, but he will have to run the race of his life to prove it".

Four three-year-olds filled four of the first five places. Orfevre ran a huge race and close to his best. In absolute terms he ran the best of any horse in this year's Arc.

Back