Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

Aye, Aragorn, but they'd averaged a poor 13.1 secs p.f. up to the 600m mark, and you could have thrown a blanket over the whole field at that point.
She's undoubtedly a very quick horse, and will be nigh unbeatable over 10f next season (can't see her not training on, as her trainer had ambitions not to run her until next year anyway) , but -imvho - still has questions to answer for a stiff test such as the next King George. Comparisons with Moonlight Cloud are apposite, as though the latter looked really impressive off a strong pace on Sunday, she's barely lasted home over a furlong further in the Marois.

Edgt
Apparently, it's OK to dispense with earplugs at any time during the preliminaries/race in France, and you'd imagine similar applies to a hood. It's deffo against UK rules, but I wouldn't know about Ireland.

Last edited:
You always make ascot sound like Ben Nevis reet. Have you been there? The climb is barely perceptible.

I wouldn't back against her over 12f anywhere. Trying to find a chink because of times etc is a waste of time and overanalysing IMO. The KGB doesn't require a leger type and there is abosutely nothing to suggest she wouldn't cope. Not only that, the slow pace was certainly against her on Sunday

Aye, Aragorn, but they'd averaged a poor 13.1 secs p.f. up to the 600m mark, and you could have thrown a blanket over the whole field at that point.
She's undoubtedly a very quick horse, and will be nigh unbeatable over 10f next season (can't see her not training on, as her trainer had ambitions not to run her until next year anyway) , but -imvho - still has questions to answer for a stiff test such as the next King George. Comparisons with Moonlight Cloud are apposite, as though the latter looked really impressive off a strong pace on Sunday, she's barely lasted home over a furlong further in the Marois.

Edgt
Apparently, it's OK to dispense with earplugs at any time during the preliminaries/race in France, and you'd imagine similar applies to a hood. It's deffo against UK rules, but I wouldn't know about Ireland.

Yeah I get that but very few horses could have lived with those fractions Reet.

Yeah I get that but very few horses could have lived with those fractions Reet.

Moonlight Cloud didn't get into top gear until the last 2 furlongs..i would also question that the pace collapsed in the Foret..thats why its even more special..it didn't..the field were at full speed when MC passed them..

both are top horses..but MC win is off the scale..never seen a G1 won in that fashion..its visually up there with Frankel's QA win

Last edited:
Moonlight Cloud didn't get into top gear until the last 2 furlongs..i would also question that the pace collapsed in the Foret..thats why its even more special..it didn't..the field were at full speed when MC passed them..

both are top horses..but MC win is off the scale..never seen a G1 won in that fashion..its visually up there with Frankel's QA win

Any idea what she ran the last two furlongs in EC?

Any idea what she ran the last two furlongs in EC?

according to Simon Rowlands there wasn't much between the two fillies in finishing speed

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...-arc-de-triomphe-day-longchamp-071013-43.html

bear in mind though that you have parallax issues timing off the screen here ..more so with MC as she was in the middle of teh track...and they use different winning posts..so not sure how the last furlong gets timed as the markers are at different distances from 2 out to line

the markers there aren't furlongs.....i hand timed MC from "2" out to line and got about 17 seconds...so i'll guess "2" out was 1000 foot??

in the Arc its less from "2" out as the finish line is nearer it

so i'm not sure how Simon did the timings..unless i've missed something really obvious:)....i am old though

Last edited:
I saw that "2" pole and couldn't work it out either, but would have assumed it meant 200m rather than 2f.

thanks for clearing that up guys

I've timed MC from 2 out to finish a few times and get 17.0 seconds..so thats for 300 metres = 39.48 miles per hour

Treve ran the last 200 metres in 11.88 sec = 37.66 miles per hour

so MC was actually running faster later than Treve...which she should have been at the shorter trip anyway..even if the Arc wasn't a true test Treve would be something unreal to run faster than a horse like MC

i still think that MC's win is one of the best..if not the best performance..in terms of visual impact and actual performance i've ever witnessed..i never tire of watching it

Last edited:
according to Simon Rowlands there wasn't much between the two fillies in finishing speed

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...-arc-de-triomphe-day-longchamp-071013-43.html

bear in mind though that you have parallax issues timing off the screen here ..more so with MC as she was in the middle of teh track...and they use different winning posts..so not sure how the last furlong gets timed as the markers are at different distances from 2 out to line

the markers there aren't furlongs.....i hand timed MC from "2" out to line and got about 17 seconds...so i'll guess "2" out was 1000 foot??

in the Arc its less from "2" out as the finish line is nearer it

so i'm not sure how Simon did the timings..unless i've missed something really obvious:)....i am old though

Fascinating stuff. What it tells me is that we watched two exceptional fillies at the weekend and If Treve can run that quickly (last 200m only 0.03 slower than MC) at the end of a 2400m race she can surely win a group 1 over a mile.

Last edited:
Orfevre impressive in the Arima
what a pity he run a stinker at Longchamp, I think he was over trained and looks one to be fresh

on todays performance only Frankel would have touched him

Shame he never won the Arc in 2012. Not his best race this year but probably wouldn't have beaten the filly anyway.

A fantastic way to end his career though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orfevre impressive in the Arima
what a pity he run a stinker at Longchamp, I think he was over trained and looks one to be fresh

on todays performance only Frankel would have touched him

Don't buy that he ran a stinker in the Arc. He ran his race that day IMHO.

Back