Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe

Agreed looks like a walk over for Enabled but then better horses have been beaten when looking past the post.

This time of year can see horses improve out of all recognition

Last edited:
I took 40/1 Capri for the Arc this evening.

He looked for all the world like he was merely weighing up Waldgeist & co at the weekend. They say he's definitely going for it (14/1 NRNB with Sky) and he'll probably improve a lot for the run. I don't think he should be any longer in the betting than Waldgeist (9s tops).

Happy enough with this. Blue with most bookies this morning and as short as 10/1.

I like the money coming for Pink Dogwood in the first today: The antithesis to an uneasy favourite.

The Japanese have the best 'long shot', 'each way', or back-to-lay in running horse, in the shape of Clincher. His best runs abroad have tended to be in valuable Group 1's, as opposed to Group Two's and Three's. He can place on firm or soft ground, so conditions somewhere in the middle, like good or good to soft should be perfect. I'd forgive and forget the last run, as it was unlike his usual consistent self. He made most of the running before stopping a furlong or so out. However, I fancy he will run a storming race tomorrow at Longchamp and out run odds of around 66/1.

For anyone who thinks a horse like this can't place, see Sholokov in Irish Derby, many moons ago, who was 500/1 on the morning of the race with one firm. I'd be delighted if Clincher places today, 100/1 taken.

Last edited:
Already seen two outsiders win at the races today, 33 & 50's. All you sane people looking for each way value, don't come on here after the race complaining that you didn't follow me in on Clincher please. You've been told. No excuses now.

Last edited:
Never in doubt:) BUT how stupid are these flat jockeys..to have a chance of beating her you would have to be withing earshot NOT sitting out the back like Moore and Mr IWILFUKITUP Doyle....

Last edited:
What a race. Fantastic pair of fillies. Shocker from Ryan Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shocker from Frankie too, who tried to make the aftermath all about himself, rather than the horse that carried him there. His nauseating thirst for self-publicity begins to exceed McRirick proportions.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I took 40/1 Capri for the Arc this evening.

He looked for all the world like he was merely weighing up Waldgeist & co at the weekend. They say he's definitely going for it (14/1 NRNB with Sky) and he'll probably improve a lot for the run. I don't think he should be any longer in the betting than Waldgeist (9s tops).

Well Capri has done what I backed him to do, ie finish close to Waldgeist. Shame they could only make fourth and fifth places.

I personally felt it was some performance from the second to so nearly get there. I can only echo Maureen Haggas' choked interview afterwards. And considering what a low maturing filly she has been too. Will they get a rematch in this race next season? It would be lovely to think of but I think unlikely. Does anyone know exactly what has kept Enable off the track most of the season?

Dettori is more self promoting that Meghan Markle (and that is saying something!) Did anyone see McRirick on TV last week? He looks v v ill.

Thought for a while that Sur Dancelot has a gp1 in him. His coffin-box draw in the Foret will test that theory to its utmost.

Don't know about early season but RUK reporting Enable had a high temperature between her run at Kempton and today

Just watched it again on YOUTUBE can not believe the Doyler ....why sit right out the back door as in stone last when had he taken a position and settled the filly midfield he'd have won by 2-3 lengths...having backed Enabled I can only say thank you

Looked to be between the two fillies and so it proved.
The draw you felt could be the difference and so it proved. Very unlucky the 2nd, ran a stormer.
Fair play to Enable though as has hardly had the ideal prep.

Greetings from the new refurbished ParisLongchamp. Great place to go racing especially if you don't want to bet, eat, drink, move around or pee. And if you think Dettori is bad on TV pictures you should see him here. Narcissistic to rival Trump. Off for dinner. My long happy relationship with this course is terminated.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looked to be between the two fillies and so it proved.
The draw you felt could be the difference and so it proved. Very unlucky the 2nd, ran a stormer.
Fair play to Enable though as has hardly had the ideal prep.

Golden Horn's car park draw wasn't an issue and it shouldn't have been the Doyler today.She should have won.

Shocker from Frankie too, who tried to make the aftermath all about himself, rather than the horse that carried him there. His nauseating thirst for self-publicity begins to exceed McRirick proportions.:thumbsdown:
He always does. it's always about him when he wins, 16 excuses , none to do with him/his riding when he loses.

Great race, but oh James, James, James....... :(

Playing devil's advocate here but who on here claims to know the instructions given by Haggas to Doyle ? :whistle:

Back