Prix Jacques le Marois

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Interestingly . now run on a Monday !

Looking at the field I should think Goldikova should have little trouble with that lot - Mutual Trust and Tin Horse maybe the best of the opposition unless Dick Turpin returns to his very best form .

A pretty good field all in all .

Cityscape
Planteur
Dick Turpin
Worthadd
Royal Bench
Flash Dance
Goldikova
Sahpresa
Mutual Trust
Tin Horse
Immortal Verse
Polemique

Monday is a public holiday in much of Europe, including here in Belgium. I look forward to being able to watch this race and to seeing whether Immortal Verse can shake up Goldie.

Nice filly Immortal Verse but over a mile the 3yo fillies generally look very weak this year .

Dick Turpin is an underrated horse I reckon and I expect he will be be in the frame.

Goldikova should win this though . What a great shame the QEII has been moved to so late in the season - but for which we could have seen Goldi take on Frankel and then Frankel go for the Champion !

The ground has come in Cityscape's favour and 16/1 is a very big price given how close he got at Royal Ascot when it was much faster.

The ground has come in Cityscape's favour and 16/1 is a very big price given how close he got at Royal Ascot when it was much faster.

This ground suit Dick Turpin equally well though and why should Cityscape reverse the Sandown form when they both last had some cut ?

It was officially good at Sandown. I just think Cityscape stepped up on that run at Ascot and that he'll do even better if the ground in France is "v soft", as Roger Charlton has tweeted this morning. The stable is in phenomenal form as well. And he's a bigger price than Dick Turpin.

It was officially good at Sandown. I just think Cityscape stepped up on that run at Ascot and that he'll do even better if the ground in France is "v soft", as Roger Charlton has tweeted this morning. The stable is in phenomenal form as well. And he's a bigger price than Dick Turpin.

I've been monitoring the weather all week at Deauville and I can't see how the ground could be very soft(I hope it is), luckily there racing today which will tell us what the goings like. Dick Turpin is in great form but will want some cut in the ground and I'm not sure he's going to get it. :(

This ground suit Dick Turpin equally well though and why should Cityscape reverse the Sandown form when they both last had some cut ?

He obviously improved on that form at Ascot. It was his first Group 1 contest and it bought the best out of him. 16s is huge.

Based on times, the ground was no worse than g/s yesterday, and with no Makfi in opposition, Goldikova ought to win comfortably.
In the 2.20, on slightly softer ground than lto and given a more positive ride, Galikova can reverse placings with Golden Lilac. Colombian should run better than his price suggests and, if the dead 8 stand their ground, might be worth ew interest.

Not sure I should be opposing two Galileo offspring at the head of the market, but I like the two Dubawi's in the 2:20: Waldpark and Red Dubawi as E/W shots in a field of 8.

If the tactic works, I might oppose Goldikova with another one - Worthadd - in the big one. I suspect it will be Mutual Trust who gives her the most to do though.

I think Goldikova is a must lay on this ground.

About the 3yo group race, Galikova is the most likely winner and the german horse can run a good race.

Good card

I think Golden Lilac will win today, and go on and win the Arc (providing she stays).

As others have said, French ground descriptions have a history of being bollocks and I suspect it would be Good to Soft ground at worst. At the prices, I've backed Tin Horse at 25s and 20s (1/4 Odds) EW. His Guineas win was solid and he just didn't stay at Chantilly, goes on most ground and has ran well here before. I'd make him much shorter than 25s myself.

I wonder is Worthadd's Lockinge form has been underestimated. Hasn't had many chances to show what he can do in stronger Group 1 events and won very easily in Group 2 on hime soil last time.

That 2.20 race is a Gr 1 masquerading as a Gr 2. There's a lot to look forward to in both races.

If the Diane turned into a sprint, in which Golden Lilac was able to do Galikova for toe, will today's race, with its shorter distance and level finishing straight, be any different?

Waldpark and Dunboyne Express are an interesting addition to the mix. The German Derby form passed a little test yesterday in Cologne, and Dunboyne Express may be about to find his niche at 10f.

Definitely a no bet race for me, but one to look forward to.

The big race also looks exciting. Given the conditions it will be tough for Goldikova, which is not to say she can't win, but I wouldn't take a short price about her today. There are plenty of dangers, but the one I'm going to take a chance on is Immortal Verse, who is probably still improving and will cope fine with any cut. These three year old French fillies are good this year.

The German Derby form passed a little test yesterday in Cologne

A very little test. Essentially it was Earl of Tinsdal confirming form with a couple of those who finished behind him in the Deutsches Derby, a couple of Listed/Group 3 older German horses, and a Cavalryman who might as well not have turned up.

Roger Charlton on Twitter about an hour ago: "just walking the course in Deauville, strong head wind drying out to good to soft and soft in places. Looking forward to the race."

A very little test. Essentially it was Earl of Tinsdal confirming form with a couple of those who finished behind him in the Deutsches Derby, a couple of Listed/Group 3 older German horses, and a Cavalryman who might as well not have turned up.

Indeed, that's why I said little. But at least Earl Of Tinsdal won well, in spite of the weaving around, and it's never a bad thing when form works out.

Galikova did that well, she'll be even better over 1m4f and has to be a serious player for both the Vermeille and the Arc after that. She seems to be getting better with every run too.

I'd be dropping Golden Lilac back to a mile for the Moulin if she was mine.

Peslier ridden the first four winners at Deauville!

Golden Lilac sure short of peakness but even though she is a miler, I would run the Moulin with her

Galikova is very nice and could be interesting in the Arc after winning the Vermeille

Back