Prix Noailles & Prix D'harcourt

From Longchamp tomorrow.

Last year I had a euro e/w on the winner of the Harcourt and found a horse called Montmartre.

Racing UK are like last year showing Market Rasen. Unbelievable.
ATR however, have it listed on their website as being shown. If that's true then kudos.

Good to see Vision d'Etat back out early. Might be tough to concede weight all around. RP spotlighter seems pretty confident about The Bogberry based on how he's been working.

I hope Vision d'Etat was just a little bit too fresh there; he won't be winning Group 1s throwing his head around like that.

Up in trip and softer ground might see Golden Sword to better effect - was fascinating to see the vast difference in action between him and the leader (and eventual winner) most of the way around.

I've been in work all morning, just got in so missed the races after all. I was looking hard at the two Rouget horses last night. I fancied Never on Sunday more in truth though.

Prix De La Fontainbleu
Sand Tiger
Silver Frost
Set Sail
Broken In Light
Take D’or
Mistaken Identity
Westphalia
Viceroy Of India
Oiseau De Feu
Milanais

PRIX DE LA GROTTE
Proportional
Homebound
Soneva
Doriana
Tamazirte
Article Rare
Rosey De Megeve

PRIX LA FORCE
War Power
Drumbeat
Topclass
Sokar
Mistaken Identity
Black Bear Island
On Est Bien

Nice to see they bother having decent racing in some countries over Easter. Richard Hannon will be pleased!

Taking on the Ballydoyle horses today? Seen plenty of them get beat in these races first time of asking before going on to better things...

Taking on the Ballydoyle horses today? Seen plenty of them get beat in these races first time of asking before going on to better things...

Ladbrokes (by some way) go the biggest about Westphalia....11/4. Me thinks today is not the day?

Very hard to see Black Bear Island getting beat.

Would be a strange one to drag him all the way to France just for an outing.

Very hard to see Black Bear Island getting beat.

Would be a strange one to drag him all the way to France just for an outing.

Perhaps, I do not think it is the end of the world if he were to lose today though. Thankfully RUK are showing the whole card as opposed to ATR fitting it in between a seller.

Last edited:
Satisfactory return from Westphalia there. Back there in a few weeks for the French Guineas with every chance I would have thought though his head carraige will always be a worry.

O'Brien's record in the Force:

Code:
[b]Year	Pos	Horse[/b]
2002	1	River Dancer
2002	5	Twentytwoandchange
2005	5	Falstaff
2006	7	Septimus
2006	9	Poseidon Adventure
2007	2	Chinese Whisper
2008	4	Sligo
2008	6	Sleep Well

Perhaps not good enough?

How did it go?

To say he was not knocked around was an understatement...well beaten but every chance he is much better than the result suggests. Derby horse is an altogether different question.

Hard to know whether that was one of Murtagh's 'old style' rides, getting himself boxed in on the rail (and he allowed Crastus to do that to him, on the eventual winner!) or whether they were just over there keeping Westphalia company in the plane & box.

I'm not betting since Aintree - too dodgy this time of year, you don't know what's going up, coming down, over the top, not wound up etc etc. But I'd be mad as hell if I'd backed BBI who I see started at 11/10.

Beautiful horse for later on though! - one to watch for sure

Last edited:
What does this cosy ride proove though? they still haven't answerd the question they were asking at 2. If the horse was given a more positive ride it would not of hinderd his chances for the Derby at all and you would know how strongly he saw out the trip unless the know this?, regarding his run I thought he had an awkward headcarage and never found the gears, with 2 furlongs left to go in the Derby on todays evidence would you fancy him picking up stylishly or staying on the one pace?

I see him more as a St Ledger horse personally

Last edited:
Back