Punchestown 2012

del boy

Senior Jockey
Myself and a mate are planning on going to Punchestown on the Friday this year. The plan would be racing and out on the beer afterwards. Would there be much craic in Naas on a Friday night?

Second question is where to stay? Cheap and cheerful if you please.

Naas will be buzzing on Friday. Ladies day and the local kids day out. There will be plenty going on. Its normally a day I spend in the Owners & Trainers having a Bud. Accomodation will not be easy to find. There are not alot of hotels and B&Bs around. It's not too far to Newlands Cross in a maxi so if two of you it might work out better to stay somewhere like the Bewleys there. Or somewhere 20 miles from Naas.

I presume we're looking at deep ground for the whole Festival?

When the market opened at Betfair on the Gold Cup Quito de la Rocque was available to back at 12.5 for small money. Someone must have pressed the wrong button somewhere :D

I presume we're looking at deep ground for the whole Festival?

When the market opened at Betfair on the Gold Cup Quito de la Rocque was available to back at 12.5 for small money. Someone must have pressed the wrong button somewhere :D

Going: Punchestown racecourse: Good to Soft (Soft in places) - Hurdle and Chase. Good (Good to Soft in places) - Cross Country. Mainly dry today with some showers possible in the afternoon. Mixed weather for the coming days and over the weekend with sunny spells and showers (3-5mm rain forecast each day). Remaining unsettled early next week.

Very disappointing. I think Quel Esprit is as overrated as Kempes was after his Hennessy the previous year but I'm not sure Rubi Light and Captain Chris will stay on deep ground.

Realt Dubh is too big tomorrow. Sizing Europe has disappointed before at this meeting after running well at Cheltenham.

I would be interested to find a way of taking on Big Zeb tomorrow-maybe in the without or place market.Has looked shaky all season.

Guavain is being underestimated again. Uncompetitive small field contests are this animal's meat and drink. I think he'll go on the ground again. His dad did.

Back