Punchestown 2023

No UK Hunter Chasers allowed to run unless trained by a professional trainer? So Premier Magic who won at Cheltenham but is “only” trained by a point to point trainer in Bradley Gibbs, isn’t allowed to run nor is the Sam Loxton horse which incidentally is owned by one Paul Nicholls......!

IMO this is quite frankly a ridiculous rule.

Not sure how long the rule has been in place but Caid du Berlais wouldn’t have been allowed to run....perhaps that’s why they brought the ruling in?

Not sure how long the rule has been in place but Caid du Berlais wouldn’t have been allowed to run....perhaps that’s why they brought the ruling in?

It’s a precursor to the “ No Chasers allowed to run unless trained by a professional trainer named Mullins” rule being introduced next April.

If my math be right, the 177k prize money won yesterday by Energumene alone outweighed the 160k or so picked up over the course of the day by all other stables bar Closutton.

WPM picked up a total of 536,450 Euro yesterday alone. That's more for example than a good trainer like Nicky Richards has won in the last 12 months.

By the end of the meeting he'll have won more prize money ina few days than Donal McCain has won in the last 12 months and he's trained 117 winners:blink:

Last edited:
Jeez Fastorslow wins the PGC. Didn’t see that coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am real smart....Had a 4 horse accie
Corrigeen Rock 3.75
Sandor Clegane 3
Gaelic Warrior 2
Galopin Des Champs 1.4

Thought anything can happen so I put a bet on Bravemansgame as insurance so it didn't matter which one won..ONLY!!!!

:mad:

That was down to an appalling ride by PT!
Gold Cup winner, sat out the back off a steady pace, the horse wasn't quick enough when the tap was turned on, and the pilot entirely responsible for the way it turned out,imo.

Jeez Fastorslow wins the PGC. Didn’t see that coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't too impressed by the Mullins/Towend tactics.

Bravemansgame found the trip at Cheltenham beyond him but had the speed to win a King George and he lets him lead at his pace.....not the best plan in the world was it?.

Nicky might just be leaning towards chasing for his star now that GDC isn't the unbeatbale animal we thought he was

Bit stunned to be honest. Could see two out GDC wasn’t going to win ridden like that....

Queen Jane 4/1 goes for her 3rd win on the trot since I put her up as a horse to follow.

Can see no reason to oppose her tomorrow

Puchestown 5.10

Little ew yankee for thursday.

By your side 340 7/1
Monkfish 525 11/2 bounce factor but would love to see him win.
Lord Snootie 600 20/1 Jack Tudor/Christian William's
Lilith 710 Anthony Honeyball.

Having recently watched House of the Dragon I looked at Rheanyra in the bumper under my place names that I know and characters from books I’ve read or films I’ve liked etc etc system but couldn’t make a case for her. Thank goodness she didn’t win.

Jodie made my day..........couldn't settle the horse then gets catapulted over it's head on the flat........roll on Cheltenham next year

Unbelieveble stuff from the Mullins team but the one they wanted most let them down.

At this point I don't know if I have overrarted GDC or Cheltenham exhertions along with poor tatics were to blame

Unbelieveble stuff from the Mullins team but the one they wanted most let them down.

At this point I don't know if I have overrarted GDC or Cheltenham exhertions along with poor tatics were to blame

I just think the gold cup took more out of it than they thought.

Ive never got why you'd run a Gold cup winner again that season

You've just won the biggest race you can win as a G1 chaser, just give it a holiday and train it for the next one

Henrietta was a genius

If Fastorslow hadn’t been in the race, we’d all have been saying that Bravemansgame and GDC had served up a thriller. Most of us would also have pointed to the 14 length gap back to the next horse, Envoi Allen, as evidence of the strength of the form.

I get the impression this hasn't been the greatest meet here in the last few years. Still some great battles.

Back