Punchestown 2023

This thread is quiet isn't it? or is this a flat racing forum now?:D:D

Anyway

I think Mullins has saved Classic Getaway (6.35) for this meeting and is a bet at 4/1

A Dream To Share v Tullyhill looks a good clash in the flat race:D on Wednesday

450t MERLIN GIANT took 8 and 7.8 on betfair and 9/2 a/p

Ha d'or 705 thur or wed. 3/1

Last edited:

Anyway

I think Mullins has saved Classic Getaway (6.35) for this meeting and is a bet at 4/1

I’ve always loved Punchestown and have traveled over for it numerous times but todays card is very underwhelming and despite trying I just can’t muster any interest for it whatsoever.

Tomorrow’s is fractionally better thanks largely to the PGC and BMG being able to offer at least a credible challenger to GDC

Last edited:
I’ve always loved Punchestown and have traveled over for it numerous times but todays card is very underwhelming and despite trying I just can’t muster any interest for it whatsoever.

Tomorrow’s is fractionally better thanks largely to the PGC and BMG being able to offer at least a credible challenger to GDC

Agreed, todays card is just Meh.

Agree on this one. I’m surprised Townsend has “chosen” to ride Appreciate It after reporting he hung left and jumped left around Fairyhouse. Makes me wonder whether he actually had the choice or did Willie just tell him what he was riding?

Sir Gerrard didn’t look like he wanted 3m at Cheltenham and the fact Patrick rides doesn’t exactly inspire much confidence either.

Journey with me doesn’t exactly scream 3 miler either and the other two look outclassed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway

You never know, do you. I can’t believe it’s good for racing that Mullins runners dominate so many races.

450t MERLIN GIANT took 8 and 7.8 on betfair and 9/2 a/p

Ha d'or 705 thur or wed. 3/1

Merlin Giant takes the eye today, but he is also an obvious candidate for the Galway Hurdle, at a meeting his owners target. Winning today would do little good for his chances in the big one and he’s already sure to get into it.

Accordidng to Patrick Facile Vega has been working out of his skin and should hack up.

Add to that Energymene State Man and Golopin De Champs and he'll have raked in 600K in prize money.

I doubt if it's doing racing much harm everyone loves a hero.

Merlin Giant takes the eye today, but he is also an obvious candidate for the Galway Hurdle, at a meeting his owners target. Winning today would do little good for his chances in the big one and he’s already sure to get into it.

That's interesting Grey.maybe that's the plan having not run since December.

Good luck guys. I've had a tenner each way on Captains Nephew in the 4.50 so hoping he can prove he is still very unexposed in handicaps like this.

I think playing the Mullins 2nd/3rd string in the graded races has been a reasonable strategy here down the years so I've had a little on Gentleman De Mee in the 2 miler.

Can't believe the price of Facile Vega I honestly thought he was alicence to print money and should be 4/9.....2/5

Heart was in the mouth 3 out but it only served to waken him up

anyway job well done as predicted by Patrick.

At the otherend of the scale James De Burlais tackles 3 miles for the firt time since he was 2nd in the Irish Stayers.

In what appears to be one really confusing race I suggest backing him in the place market as at least a couple of these will run like drains.

Should get 4/1or better to be in the first 3

Very disappointing forcast :( in the Chasmpion Chase.

I'm taking the cash I've won today and running until tomorrow rest of the card looks very trappy.

Happy punting for any diehards:)

Feronily win must be one of the training achievements of many a year.
Saw him on Bumper debut at Christmas Leopardstown ; had the hallmarks of a good good horse but this win was nothing short of amazing.
Hats off to Paul, Emmet and Donagh Meyler.
Fortune favours the brave.

At the otherend of the scale James De Burlais tackles 3 miles for the firt time since he was 2nd in the Irish Stayers.

In what appears to be one really confusing race I suggest backing him in the place market as at least a couple of these will run like drains.

Should get 4/1or better to be in the first 3

Only got 3/1 but beggars can;t be choosers :)

Back